Black Friday credit card charges DISAPPEARED !!!

Vlad

27 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Interesting, not mine... 

Did you had the same problem as I did? 

Purchases pending, then dropped off and disappeared? 

Yes, purchased…charges were pending on my card for a couple days, then completely disappeared (while the booking was still reserved / confirmed on RC website)

Now, all is posted, charged and cleared on my card like there was never an issue👍🏻

14 hours ago, TJA27 said:

My charges finally posted too, but my credits still have not.  Anyone else still owed some credits?

All my credits from 11/8 showed back up on my card within a few days. However, on 11/17 I made another purchase/refund, and that one refund is still missing. I reached out to Royal over FB over the weekend and they said that, "The refund is in process, but funds have not been disbursed yet." Then I asked them what sort of timeline I was looking at for funds to come back to me. They responded back with, "7-10 business days". That was on Sunday 11/26. I will unfortunately have to follow up with them again if I don't see it in 7-10 business days. So annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2023 at 7:00 PM, TJA27 said:

My charges finally posted too, but my credits still have not.  Anyone else still owed some credits?

Well I finally called Royal because my credit of over $1000 still has not shown up on my credit card.  I was put on hold and I guess the supervisor assisted getting the credit applied.  Apparently, there was a glitch and the 11/9 charges showed up a couple weeks late (mine showed up on 11/22) but some credits glitched and didn't go through.  I actually had all of my other credits except for this one.  I'm glad I checked everything because it was a real mess because all of my excursions, beverage package, and internet went down in price, so I had a bunch of credits and new bookings.

Sat down last night to go over the nightmare I’ve been reading about.  I’m tracking refunds and purchases for a number of cruises.  Royal, in its infinite wisdom listed individual refunds for 8 people as opposed to the full price of the collective 8 that sowed when I did the cancellation.  Fairly easy to calculate, once I figured that out.  However I still have quite a few purchases and refunds not showing and refunds I can’t figure out-even trying to add things together to see if combined they equal to an amount that has been refunded.   What a nightmare. 

ironically the refund for hubby no show on my cruise last week is already showing. 

Remind me next year to stay away from the first day or two of the BF sale. 

I am owed over $500 back to my Amex for purchases I repriced weeks ago when the Black Friday sale went live. The items I had charged to my Chase Visa that I canceled and rebooked were all credited back within days.  On top of that, I have a mystery $300 added on to a cruise fare in March which should be paid in full. The agent I spoke with was unfortunately no help, I am expecting a call back from resolutions Monday 😫

I tried to figure things out without doing anything fancy and kept getting mixed up, forgetting what I had already marked, not able to match items, etc. so took the time to set up a spreadsheet, which really, really helped me.

If it might help anyone else, this is what I did - columns for 1. date, 2. What I bought (in red if it was a refund, after I matched it with the purchase), 3. Sale price for items I kept, 4. Sale price for items I ended up cancelling, and 5. Refund/return amounts. Sorry if it is confusing with all of my Labadee ziplines! (I bought before the sale, then during the sale, then changed times, then changed which line we were going on, so lots of switches - you can see for one of them, my refunds weren't evenly divided which was SUPER fun to figure out). I was able to tally the total I should have been refunded and also tally what I was actually refunded, and luckily, mine matched. 

2023-12-08(1).thumb.png.49f6a2e24c9e91f7f1e81f96c225256f.png

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

I tried to figure things out without doing anything fancy and kept getting mixed up, forgetting what I had already marked, not able to match items, etc. so took the time to set up a spreadsheet, which really, really helped me.

If it might help anyone else, this is what I did - columns for 1. date, 2. What I bought (in red if it was a refund, after I matched it with the purchase), 3. Sale price for items I kept, 4. Sale price for items I ended up cancelling, and 5. Refund/return amounts. Sorry if it is confusing with all of my Labadee ziplines! (I bought before the sale, then during the sale, then changed times, then changed which line we were going on, so lots of switches - you can see for one of them, my refunds weren't evenly divided which was SUPER fun to figure out). I was able to tally the total I should have been refunded and also tally what I was actually refunded, and luckily, mine matched. 

lol, I did something similar.

mine was refunds at the top of the page

skip a line

purchases listed at the bottom.  I went through my credit card statement for all refunds first, writing a seperate list for refunds in the card that weren’t on my list from each of the confirmation cancellation emails.  I then went back and did this with all purchases.  My numbers didn’t zero out at the end. The funny part was I could almost see the pattern of returns line up from the order of my emails, then bam! Things in the email cancellations were skipped.  I’m hesitant to make any new purchases/cancellations Since it will “pollute “ my trying to sort things out🤣

4 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

I did the same- pen and paper wasn't cutting it with the number of times I canceled and rebooked things 😆

Yeah you really have to keep track of refunds you’re due. They don’t always automatically refund people, and it can take a couple months to resolve. I’m currently going through the resolutions department for $1,300 worth of cruise planner refunds from Black Friday sales. They need to know dates and order numbers to confirm a refund that’s due. 

2 hours ago, Starrynight0154 said:

Yeah you really have to keep track of refunds you’re due. They don’t always automatically refund people, and it can take a couple months to resolve. I’m currently going through the resolutions department for $1,300 worth of cruise planner refunds from Black Friday sales. They need to know dates and order numbers to confirm a refund that’s due. 

Yeah I'm so glad I kept track of everything.  It's kind of weird, but when I called Royal, the only thing she asked for was my cruise confirmation number.  I said I was owed a credit and asked if she wanted my Order number for the credit I was owed.  She said "no" and then quoted me the exact amount I was owed.  So they could see on their end that they didn't credit me that one amount, and by all indications that amount would have just stayed there until I called and someone was prompted to manually run the refund.  I really do wish they had a "modify" button.....but I guess we'd still have to keep track of all the credits owed, but it wouldn't be as messy as the way it's done now.

1 hour ago, TJA27 said:

Yeah I'm so glad I kept track of everything.  It's kind of weird, but when I called Royal, the only thing she asked for was my cruise confirmation number.  I said I was owed a credit and asked if she wanted my Order number for the credit I was owed.  She said "no" and then quoted me the exact amount I was owed.  So they could see on their end that they didn't credit me that one amount, and by all indications that amount would have just stayed there until I called and someone was prompted to manually run the refund.  I really do wish they had a "modify" button.....but I guess we'd still have to keep track of all the credits owed, but it wouldn't be as messy as the way it's done now.

They’re probably making money by not giving refunds automatically, and not everyone notices unless they call for a refund to have it processed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Reviving this thread because I am still missing one single VOOM refund from 11/11. I mentioned earlier that I already contacted them multiple times on FB messenger and they keep assuring me that the refund is in process, whatever that means. But this is getting ridiculous because we are now past one month.

Is anyone else still missing a refund from the BF debacle? Should I call the credit card company? This is the first time this has happened to me.....

12 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Reviving this thread because I am still missing one single VOOM refund from 11/11. I mentioned earlier that I already contacted them multiple times on FB messenger and they keep assuring me that the refund is in process, whatever that means. But this is getting ridiculous because we are now past one month.

Is anyone else still missing a refund from the BF debacle? Should I call the credit card company? This is the first time this has happened to me.....

I just got refunded for an 11/8 purchase. Had to go through the resolutions department to get the refund. Sometimes refunds get stuck and you won’t get them unless it’s escalated. It might take multiple calls, not all customer service reps will allow you to escalate issues, unfortunately it takes finding the right one that cares enough to help you. Personally I’m never going to cancel and rebook anything ever again on the cruise planner, it’s not worth the hassle and 1-2 month battle to get refunds.

Royal resolutions contacted my TA to say that they inadvertently gave me a refund from a paid cruise fare which puts the cruise in jeopardy of being cancelled as we are past final payment date.  They took the $ now from my credit card on file.  Meanwhile of my 18 purchases and 10 cancellations none of them match the $ amount they are discussing.  My daughter's reservation is the one in jeopardy and she did not have any purchaes for hideaway beach on her reservation----resolutions is claiming it is a hideaway beach purchase that was part of their error.  My spreadsheet now has a sub spreadsheet for just the cruises they are referring to.  This is part of the BF debacle.  Lesson learned to not make purchases on day 1 of their sale.