Where to get the cheapest deal?

First time booking a cruise! My partner has cruised multiple times with RC, NCL, and P&O, however I haven’t had the privilege just yet. I would like a bigger sized ship and to experience the best of what RC have to offer. We’re set on rough dates either 2024 December or 2025 April. Destination is Carribean with ports preferably Miami however open to sailing out of Texas, Tampa, New York etc. Upon hours of searching my cheapest deals seem to be with RC themselves, directly? However I have seen many talk about transferring bookings to agents and recovering credits for use on the ship or booking with an agent and receiving huge discounts? I was wondering which is the way I can find the best value for money? 

• Matt changed the title to Where to get the cheapest deal?

Welcome to the message boards!

I highly recommend booking with a travel agent instead of directly with the line.  The price is never higher with a travel agent, and often agents can get access to special rates that you couldn't book through the website (such as group discounts and agency rates).

This article should also be helpful: How to get the best cruise deals: 15 easy tips

How/where to get the best deals is a recurring theme on this website. To sum up the info, book as early as possible and reprice often,  get a good travel agent that doesn't charge extra, sail while school is in session and sail out of ports within driving distance of your home.

I can't emphasize the book early point hard enough.  I've saved thousands doing this!

As someone who has booked a number of cruises I'd caution you about reading posts on social media about wonderful deals and how so and so saved so much money compared to other people.  

There are some ways, sometimes, to save money or get something extra.  However that doesn't apply to every cruise, every time.  Sometimes this and sometimes that can save someone money if the timing is right.  A month later and that something they got isn't available anymore but people like to brag.  Sometimes the fare on the Royal website is the best you are going to do.  

Any time you fly all the people around paid a different rate.  Some got great deals, others not so much.  If you hear that someone paid $39 for their airfare and decide to hold out until that rate is offered again, you will probably find yourself never flying on that plane.  YMMV.

Every cruise is different.  Same ship a week later might be less money but if you can't sail that week that rate just doesn't matter.

Find a rate that is within your budget and a rate that allows you to sleep at night once you pay the deposit.   

Regarding the 2 dates you are looking at.  The first 2 weeks in December are about the least expensive all year.  We always go then, and airfare is less also.  If you decide to go in April, beware many schools have their spring breaks in April and cruises can be more costly.  And more kids onboard.   Just a couple things you might not have thought about.