Royal Caribbean Credit Card

Same here.  Signed up for the 30,000 points ($300), made the required purchases in the first 3 months and rarely use it now.  We’ll have about $400 in onboard credit when we sail in January.  Our primary card has earned enough points to pay for that cruise and the airfare to get there.

I would say no it's not worth it, just like airline credit cards aren't worth it because they restrict you to a singular company and the rewards to dollars spent is generally less than what you find with other travel reward cards.  

If you are looking for a credit card with travel rewards that you can use whenever and wherever you want there are some much better choices out there than the RC credit card.  I would suggest doing a little bit of homework to find the right card that fits  your lifestyle and offers the right rewards.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The best cards are the ones that get you the highest percentage of points that then translate to cash back.

Maybe, but for me there are security issues.  There is some advantage to have one card for internet purchases that is easily replaced or cancelled when compromised and another for day-to-day purchases that you physically control (you never give it to anyone).  I like Royal's card because I don't use it for anything else, just cruising.  it doesn't have a fee, like an airline card.  I can cancel it easily without upsetting the rest of my life.  If instead, I had high-return credit card I used for everything, I'd be taking on extra risk.  The credit cards I do have seem to change promotions all the time, adding to confusion.  One travel card gives me more cashback for groceries than for travel, which seems a bit strange....

7 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The best cards are the ones that get you the highest percentage of points that then translate to cash back.

I have a portfolio of credit cards and use each one for whatever gives me the most for the specific category I'm purchasing.  I also have a handful that I got just for the sign up bonuses. It's helped me build my credit score for sure.

On 7/21/2023 at 4:27 AM, ScottD said:

I think there is a deal now that you get $250 OBC just for being accepted.... @rjacthe card is the Royal caribbean bank of america credit card- there are ads for it on the bottom of the royal Caribbean website

I just used that offer.  Requirement is to spend $1,000 in the first 90 days.

• 1 month later...