Can Royal Caribbean IT be contacted directly?

Hello, can Royal Caribbean IT be contacted directly? Do I need to just call a generic number and get to the IT department from there?

I bought a new laptop last September haven't been able to log in with that one computer. Phone fine, Kindle fine, my in-laws computer I can, my wife's laptop fine and another secondary laptop I have I can but this one new laptop I can't. It's so freaking strange. 

I have no idea if Royal Caribbean can help or fix this but it's my last hope to be honest. It's really bugging me now to put in mildly. I've had some computer savvy people look at it and they can't figure it out either. Thanks for any info. 

24 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not that I know of.  

I don't think their IT department does customer desktop support.   You can try calling the generic number but I wouldn't expect direct support from IT.

I do know they only recommend Chrome as a browser.  

I only use Chrome. The entire thing is such a mystery. I may have to bite the bullet and pay a professional to look at it because it just doesn't make any sense. Why this one laptop? 

45 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Just to rule out the obvious, are you trying a password that's not saved in the browser?  If there's one pre-populated for you, delete that and manually type it.

I've used the saved password and I've deleted it and manually entered it and it still won't log in. When this first started I even changed my password to see if that would fix the issue but nope. The password works on every device but this freaking computer. 

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

Do you have any anti-virus or malware blockers installed?

I do but I can't find anything that would be blocking it. I'm also not a super computer wiz either. I checked cookies and made sure it wasn't blocked or anything. I'm really at a loss to what's going on. 

Luckily I do most things and log in from my phone. I use the app. itself too but you can't do everything from the app and can't purchase everything from the app either. 

Have you tried different browsers on this new laptop? I do write software for a living, but it's been a while side I did client side stuff. Usually with strange behaviour we'd always recommend clearing the history/cache/cookies first. It could be something with the security settings you have set on the browser or a firewall/antivirus issue (misconfigured rule). If you have  an AV/firewall setup you can temporally turn it off to see if the solves it. 

5 hours ago, tjcruisers said:

Have you tried different browsers on this new laptop? I do write software for a living, but it's been a while side I did client side stuff. Usually with strange behaviour we'd always recommend clearing the history/cache/cookies first. It could be something with the security settings you have set on the browser or a firewall/antivirus issue (misconfigured rule). If you have  an AV/firewall setup you can temporally turn it off to see if the solves it. 

Yes I've tried Firefox and whatever the Microsoft browser is. I tried incognito too and it still wouldn't let me log in. 

2 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yes I've tried Firefox and whatever the Microsoft browser is. I tried incognito too and it still wouldn't let me log in. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen defects in our support system that are similar to what you’re experiencing. I can poke some the client side developers to see if they might have some suggestions

6 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Did you try logging out of the app, as odd as that sounds, then trying to log into the website?

🤔 No I haven't tried that and honestly would never have thought of that. I wouldn't think the app would have anything to do with the website. But I'll try another at this time. 

6 hours ago, tjcruisers said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen defects in our support system that are similar to what you’re experiencing. I can poke some the client side developers to see if they might have some suggestions

I'd appreciate anything, absolutely any help at all as this is the biggest mystery. My other laptop, secondary laptop is a Chromebook and that works just fine. If I have to do something website wise I use that but mostly do things from the phone. I'd like to be able to log in from my large screen laptop from time to time. Thank you for any help or anything you find out. 

By the way the message I get is, we have your information but can't log you in, please try again later. 

It's something pretty close to that and the sight of that message actually makes me want to vomit at this point, been seeing it since September. 

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'd appreciate anything, absolutely any help at all as this is the biggest mystery. My other laptop, secondary laptop is a Chromebook and that works just fine. If I have to do something website wise I use that but mostly do things from the phone. I'd like to be able to log in from my large screen laptop from time to time. Thank you for any help or anything you find out. 

By the way the message I get is, we have your information but can't log you in, please try again later. 

It's something pretty close to that and the sight of that message actually makes me want to vomit at this point, been seeing it since September. 

Talking to them, most things they see end up being server config issues (but they affect all users). The message your getting is not something I would expect. If it was an authentication thing you'd get a incorrect user or password message.  Seeing both FF and Chrome fail I can't see it being a browser issue (they tend to be the go to ones, Microsoft browser on the other hand up until recently tended to be a Colossal pain in the A$$).

Does it just stay on the login page with that message below it? Any other info (some error code number)

Suggestion we came up with

1) Some companies detect your logging in from a different computer and require a 2 step validation when they see a new machine logging into an account, but I don't know if Royal does that. Logging in on your other machine, check your your profile that you have a security question set and your cell phone (in the event it's trying to do that)

2) Temporally shutting off your firewall/antivirus and give it shot. Your probably running windows defender

3) Look at the internet security settings in windows. Assuming your using windows 11. Go to

Control Panel --> Network and internet -- Internet Options. That'll bring up a dialog (or you can type internet option in the start menu)

Go to the security tab, you'll see Internet, Local internet, Trusted sites and Restricted sites

When your on the Internet - you should probably have medium-high

Click on the restricted sites icon and the site button below it, check to see if royal is in there (mine are always empty)

Click on the trusted sites icon and the site button below it. Try adding https://www.royalcaribbean.com/*  

If your really motivated, open the browser to the royal login page. Hit F12, that'll open the developer tools for the browser. There will be a tab called called network, a little lower you'll see All | Fetch/XHR. Select All and then try logging in. This will monitor the calls to the server and the response. Overall it won't mean much to you, but if you run your working machine and your non working machine side by side you can look where they differ, which might give you a different status code or some additional info. There is a call with the name authorize?response_type......  that one and the few after might be of interest

36 minutes ago, tjcruisers said:

Talking to them, most things they see end up being server config issues (but they affect all users). The message your getting is not something I would expect. If it was an authentication thing you'd get a incorrect user or password message.  Seeing both FF and Chrome fail I can't see it being a browser issue (they tend to be the go to ones, Microsoft browser on the other hand up until recently tended to be a Colossal pain in the A$$).

Does it just stay on the login page with that message below it? Any other info (some error code number)

Suggestion we came up with

1) Some companies detect your logging in from a different computer and require a 2 step validation when they see a new machine logging into an account, but I don't know if Royal does that. Logging in on your other machine, check your your profile that you have a security question set and your cell phone (in the event it's trying to do that)

2) Temporally shutting off your firewall/antivirus and give it shot. Your probably running windows defender

3) Look at the internet security settings in windows. Assuming your using windows 11. Go to

Control Panel --> Network and internet -- Internet Options. That'll bring up a dialog (or you can type internet option in the start menu)

Go to the security tab, you'll see Internet, Local internet, Trusted sites and Restricted sites

When your on the Internet - you should probably have medium-high

Click on the restricted sites icon and the site button below it, check to see if royal is in there (mine are always empty)

Click on the trusted sites icon and the site button below it. Try adding https://www.royalcaribbean.com/*  

If your really motivated, open the browser to the royal login page. Hit F12, that'll open the developer tools for the browser. There will be a tab called called network, a little lower you'll see All | Fetch/XHR. Select All and then try logging in. This will monitor the calls to the server and the response. Overall it won't mean much to you, but if you run your working machine and your non working machine side by side you can look where they differ, which might give you a different status code or some additional info. There is a call with the name authorize?response_type......  that one and the few after might be of interest

I'm running Windows 10. It only displays that message every trying to log in from the login page. I am very confused by this whole thing and my father in law who is computer savvy couldn't figure it out. That's when he suggested calling Royal Caribbean because it's the only website having this issue for me. 

On 6/19/2023 at 3:24 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

No VPN, never have used one. 

Try releasing your IP address and renewing it: In the search bar type: CMD and select Run as Admin > type: ipconfig /release then press enter > type: ipconfig /flushdns then press enter > type ipconfig /renew then press enter (notice there is a space between ipconfig and /release) > Try logging in

Try creating a new profile on the computer and use that profile to log in.  To create a new login profile follow these steps: Create Profile

Make sure to setup the profile as an admin.  If that works you can always delete the original profile since the new one is an admin profile or you can leave it be of course.

35 minutes ago, RickZ said:

Try releasing your IP address and renewing it: In the search bar type: CMD and select Run as Admin > type: ipconfig /release then press enter > type: ipconfig /flushdns then press enter > type ipconfig /renew then press enter (notice there is a space between ipconfig and /release) > Try logging in

Try creating a new profile on the computer and use that profile to log in.  To create a new login profile follow these steps: Create Profile

Make sure to setup the profile as an admin.  If that works you can always delete the original profile since the new one is an admin profile or you can leave it be of course.

Interesting and different ideas. I like it IP release idea, I never heard that one before. Now let's see if I can follow those steps. 🤣

8 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Huh interesting clue I just saw. I was denied logging in again so I clicked the little [!] icon and it said in red This site is not secure, do not enter personal info or something along those lines. What is that telling us if anything?

any chance you're using an outdated link like http://www.royalcaribbean.com instead of the modern and more secure https://www.royalcaribbean.com?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Matt said:

This sounds like an over aggressive piece of software on your computer is trying to enforce a policy to prevent you from visiting the RC site. Usually indicative of an antivirus 

I agree but I can't figure out how to fix it from there. I truly have no idea. It's gotta be an anti ad blocker or security that's super aggressive. 

On 6/18/2023 at 10:52 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

Hello, can Royal Caribbean IT be contacted directly? Do I need to just call a generic number and get to the IT department from there?

I bought a new laptop last September haven't been able to log in with that one computer. Phone fine, Kindle fine, my in-laws computer I can, my wife's laptop fine and another secondary laptop I have I can but this one new laptop I can't. It's so freaking strange. 

I have no idea if Royal Caribbean can help or fix this but it's my last hope to be honest. It's really bugging me now to put in mildly. I've had some computer savvy people look at it and they can't figure it out either. Thanks for any info. 

Can you make a connection at all? What I mean is, can you see a wifi hotspot to connect to? If your wifi is turned off, then the laptop isn't going to connect to anything. Have you tried different browsers?

3 hours ago, pheenix99 said:

Can you make a connection at all? What I mean is, can you see a wifi hotspot to connect to? If your wifi is turned off, then the laptop isn't going to connect to anything. Have you tried different browsers?

I'm on WiFi yes, at home WiFi. I go on lots of websites with that laptop but that one won't allow me to login. I have no idea why and I've kinda just given up. I have my small Chromebook if I truly want to get on with a computer. Otherwise I just my phone. It really looks stinks but what are you gonna do. 

Oh I have tried many browsers. Firefox, and whatever the Microsoft browser is. My regular browser is Chrome. None are allowing me to login. 

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

You are going to www.royalcaribbean.com right?  

Just royalcaribbean.com may not work.  It needs the "www." in front.  

Some browsers get fussy about the re-direct to www.royalcaribbean.com when you try to enter just royalcaribbean.com.  

I will take a look and see tonight. Thanks for the suggestion. Even when I don't use my regular link and Google Royal Caribbean and then go to sign in it won't allow me to. 🤔

4 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I'm on WiFi yes, at home WiFi. I go on lots of websites with that laptop but that one won't allow me to login. I have no idea why and I've kinda just given up. I have my small Chromebook if I truly want to get on with a computer. Otherwise I just my phone. It really looks stinks but what are you gonna do. 

Oh I have tried many browsers. Firefox, and whatever the Microsoft browser is. My regular browser is Chrome. None are allowing me to login. 

I wonder if you can use your phone as a hotspot. Not sure if there are any preventative measures in place. Might also be security settings for browsers.

On 6/18/2023 at 11:38 AM, RCIfan1912 said:

I only use Chrome. The entire thing is such a mystery. I may have to bite the bullet and pay a professional to look at it because it just doesn't make any sense. Why this one laptop? 

Have you ever try to uninstall/remove your wireless adapter from your device manager and then install a new one thru your laptop's site.  But of course download one from the site first before you uninstall it.  Or you can use the network connection.

3 hours ago, KevinK said:

Have you ever try to uninstall/remove your wireless adapter from your device manager and then install a new one thru your laptop's site.  But of course download one from the site first before you uninstall it.  Or you can use the network connection.

No, that sound too complicated for this guy. 🤣 But I'm willing to try anything. 

17 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

If you can get to the website, it's not an issue with the wireless adapter.

I don't think it has anything to do with that. The laptop works fine, it's brand new practically. It has to do with something this particular laptop is doing or interacting with the a Royal Caribbean website. Something is not jiving, I'm just not computer savvy enough to what or how to fix it. 

39 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with that. The laptop works fine, it's brand new practically. It has to do with something this particular laptop is doing or interacting with the a Royal Caribbean website. Something is not jiving, I'm just not computer savvy enough to what or how to fix it. 

You're using Chrome correct?  Have you cleared cookies?

on the toolbar upper right, click

image.png.9ac0da9f9c9ec95a845da4ac61c07bd4.png

Settings

Privacy and security

Clear browsing data

See if that works.

I don't know how tech savvy you are, but what I would try is compare the headers of that login request on a machine that logging in works on to your new machine.

I suspect there's something different there.

Random aside for anyone who might appreciate it. Looks like RC uses OpenAM as their IDM. Holy crap that explains a lot.

image.png.a10a48063bf5a5c01af00cd0de88df14.png