Deluxe drinks package - expensive

last august went in wonder of seas and managed to get deluxe package 3 weeks prior to cruise for £530 for 2 of us via call centre.   im out on explorer in june 25th and it’s £928 for 2.  no chance am i paying that 

can you still get free tea , coffee and soft drinks at certain outlets as there was a place on boardwalk on wonder that never charged 

don’t know set up on other ships 

4 minutes ago, Southsider said:

can you still get free tea , coffee and soft drinks at certain outlets

Free coffee, tea, lemonade, iced tea, tap water on every ship. Free juice for breakfast. Some ships have flavored water (our favorite free beverage) but it varies greatly and can appear and disappear during the same cruise. They have it on CocoCay as well.

The 928 is definitely closer to normal for a 7 day cruise.  Whether it is expensive really depends on how much you expect to drink on the cruise. 

There are plenty of non-alcoholic drinks available if you choose not to do a package.

On 5/28/2023 at 3:31 PM, smokeybandit said:

And you can always just buy a drink if you want one

This is the route I'm taking.  I'm a light drinker, maybe 1-2 drinks a day if I push it.  

And a drink pkg for Ms tingtang who doesn't drink would be a total waste.

On 5/29/2023 at 5:03 AM, Ampurp85 said:

If I recall correctly, last year during the restart of cruising from the UK they were offering beverage package deals below the standard price. So that is probably the reason it seems so much more expensive.

If i remember correctly it was £41 per day for cruises booked within a certain time period. 

I paid 51 usd for my cruise which wasn't that bad, for next cruise  it was showing as 91 usd per day, however it is on sale right now for 71usd which at todays exchange rate is £954.

954 ÷ 2 guests is £477 pp for 7 day cruise or £68 per day, so roughly 6 -7 alcoholic drinks before breakfast sorry i mean per  day  😉 to break even.