St. Somewhere cruise-which to choose

Help us choose!!!   Looking at 2 cruises in early 2024:

San Juan-St. Thomas-St. Maarten-St. Lucia-St. Kitts on Anthem out of Bayonne for 11 nights OR

St. Croix-St. Maarten-Antigua-Barbados-St. Kitts on Vision out of Baltimore for 12 nights.

Bayonne is a 6 hour drive, cruise is more expensive,  (3 new ports for us)but really like Quantum class ships

Baltimore is a 90 minute drive, cruise is less expensive (4 new ports for us) but smaller/older ship.

Can't go wrong with either choice, but appreciate any thoughts you have about the itineraries and ships.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Who is cruising?  Kids?  

I also like Q class so I would be predisposed to going to Bayonne, but that's me.  

Vision is a fine ship and I sailed on her for 16 nights but I can find things to do on any ship.  

No kids for this trip.

Have been on Anthem but not Vision.....is there a huge drop off in food options and entertainment?

18 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

No kids for this trip.

Have been on Anthem but not Vision.....is there a huge drop off in food options and entertainment?

Rhapsody is a sister ship to Vision, here is a video tour of Rhapsody.

Here is a fleet guide with details about venues on board all ships.

22006272_Fleet_Guide_2022_Update_LR.pdf

Vision has Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi.   Entertainment will consist of Royal Caribbean singers and dancers versus a broadway style production.  

Vision is not even half the size of Anthem so naturally there is a lot less on Vision but she has all the core items for a classic cruise experience.  

On Vision, take advantage of the Centrum.  We don't do a lot of specialty dining, but we enjoyed our lunch in Chops on Vision in November.  Sailed many times out of Baltimore.  I will note that for our first Junior Suite, Vision wasn't as fancy as shown on larger ships.  If you go Anthem, I'm not sure when you will arrive in San Juan.  Arrival time can affect your ability to enjoy that port.  Our only port experience in Bayonne wasn't that great, so I will put in a vote for Vision out of Baltimore.  Either itinerary seems like a lot of fun.

Kinda like choosing between the lesser of 2 evils, only this is the reverse of it. The greater of 2 goods.

I've never been on either ship, and both of those itineraries do look good. I would however personally choose the Vision of the Seas cruise perhaps for the main reason being that I've only visited 1 out of the 5 ports she visits. On the Anthem of the Seas cruise, I've visited 3 of those 5 ports.

Thank you everyone for your helpful responses......I think we would be happy with either ship.

How about the ports.....we have not been to San Juan, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Croix, Antigua, or Barbados.   What are some of the highlights?   Can't miss things to see or do?

8 hours ago, Va4fam said:

5 sea days on Anthem, 6 on Vision. 

Will be cold leaving/returning to NJ or MD that time of year

I think I'd be able to do Vision if it originated int he island and had a port stop every day, also if it was just me and wife.

Been to most of the ports, but it was a while ago. One of them is where they did some filming for Pirates of the Caribbean, we did an island tour and they took us by the location (don't remember which one it was, maybe St Lucia). St Croix was interesting, we docked at Frederiksted, you get off the ship and your right in town, I don't even recall there being any secured area at the port. You don't get swarmed by vendor trying to sell you stuff

1 hour ago, tjcruisers said:

I think I'd be able to do Vision if it originated int he island and had a port stop every day, also if it was just me and wife.

Are you saying Vision might not be ideal with 3 sea days at the beginning and 3 more at the end of the trip?

We've sailed on both, Anthem, lots to do if you want to, bigger and better shows, does have some drawbacks, the Schooner bar isn't big enough and gets drowned out by the music hall and we didn't like the 4 main dining rooms. We liked the ship overall and We Will Rock you is amazing (assuming you like Queens music).

If you're after a more traditional laid back cruise I'd go for Vision, much more intimate, loved the main dining room and we had great service everywhere.

As others have said you can't go wrong with either, but for me I'd go Vision.

On 5/26/2023 at 11:45 AM, Va4fam said:

Help us choose!!!   Looking at 2 cruises in early 2024:

San Juan-St. Thomas-St. Maarten-St. Lucia-St. Kitts on Anthem out of Bayonne for 11 nights OR

St. Croix-St. Maarten-Antigua-Barbados-St. Kitts on Vision out of Baltimore for 12 nights.

Bayonne is a 6 hour drive, cruise is more expensive,  (3 new ports for us)but really like Quantum class ships

Baltimore is a 90 minute drive, cruise is less expensive (4 new ports for us) but smaller/older ship.

Can't go wrong with either choice, but appreciate any thoughts you have about the itineraries and ships.

Been to all of these ports and definitely would not go on vision its a very small ship. Also leaving from Baltimore or any other northern port will be cold you will lose at least a day  there and back and you will not been able to enjoy the pools or outdoor decks. In the winter months your nest leaving from Florida 

No vision it's a very small ship and also leaving from Baltimore or any northern port will be cold you will lose a deck and pool day going and coming as it will be cold. Best leaving from Florida in thr winter months. Been to all those ports and all great so it the ship selection that will be the make or break of you enjoyment