What's the best prices you've seen for the extras in Cruise Planner?

I have watched tons of videos and understand that prices are variable for things like UDP, photos, etc., and the golden rule is to buy as early as possible because you can always return and re-buy at a lower rate if it drops. However, I just paid the price of the whole cruise so would like to wait a little bit to purchase the additions where I can. BUT I don't want to miss out if there is a crazy price that comes out for just a short time. Therefore, wanted to try to collect "data" on the absolute lowest you have ever seen certain items so that I can grab them at their lowest without just going out and purchasing everything now. Not sure which route we are going for dining, so we don't plan to purchase everything below, just curious about all the pricing. THANK YOU!!!

What's the lowest you've seen (with what I see currently, minus gratuity):

* (Non-alcoholic) Refreshment Package: currently $29.99 per day, total $209

* The Ultimate Dining Package on a 7 day cruise (Wonder of the Seas if it matters?): currently $225 per person

* 3 night dining package: $112.99 per person total; (question: will they let us use for only dinner or can use for Mason Jar brunch?)

* Chops+1: not listed but saw on a previous cruise or $84

* 5 or 10 photo package: currently 10 photos $119

* Arcade credit: currently $25 of credit for $19

* Voom internet (1 device): $19.99 per day, $139.93 total

So, I can attest that current the price for the UDP is the cheapest you will get it. With grats it comes out to $266.66 but without the sale it will be $260+ grats.

Both the Chops+1 and 3N package has consistently been $84/112+grats regardless of sale. The 3N can be used in any way for 3 meals, so a brunch at Mason Jar is possible. However, you might want to do the math and see if it is better to purchase the brunch a la carte and use the plan for three dinners. 

I sail Wonder in Jan, I know that the refreshment, soda, and voom package will go down for a black Friday deal. I saw $17/19 for the refreshment and $11.99 for Voom last year, I expect in will be in that range plus or minus a $1 or 2.

I have seen a lot of these items for way cheaper, but I don't think I should mention that as it was pre-pandemic prices. I don't anyone can expect to see pre-pandemic prices at all. 

We are sailing the Quantum in June.  I had at one point, Voom S+S for $18.99 (black Friday).  Then Mrs Fan wanted the Key so I was able to get that for $22.99 and I dropped the V S+S.  

The Key is now at a massive rip off of $48.99/pp/day. Not sure how they justify that price. 

Someone's gotta bring it up. The lowest price (that I've ever seen) for a cruise planner item was of course the infamous $18.00 a day deluxe drink package offer back in what I believe was July of 2019 for cruises sailing in 2020. Please correct me if I'm wrong with those dates. To make a long story short Royal acknowledged their mistake and let anyone who had bought that package keep it. I was supposed to use it for a December sailing in 2020, but we all know what happened in March of that year.

12 hours ago, USFFrank said:

Someone's gotta bring it up. The lowest price (that I've ever seen) for a cruise planner item was of course the infamous $18.00 a day deluxe drink package offer back in what I believe was July of 2019 for cruises sailing in 2020. Please correct me if I'm wrong with those dates. To make a long story short Royal acknowledged their mistake and let anyone who had bought that package keep it. I was supposed to use it for a December sailing in 2020, but we all know what happened in March of that year.

Yep...We got that $18 DDP but we also never got to use it.

I've seen the key at $18.99.

Internet for $11.99

Soda package $ 6.99

Refreshment package $18.99

Drink package $18 !!  (but $59 was best we ever used)

3 night dining package $ 89

And the one that irks me the most because I never got to use it.....Coco Beach Club $49.   It's probably double or triple that now.

1 hour ago, Va4fam said:

I've seen the key at $18.99.

Internet for $11.99

Soda package $ 6.99

Refreshment package $18.99

Drink package $18 !!  (but $59 was best we ever used)

3 night dining package $ 89

And the one that irks me the most because I never got to use it.....Coco Beach Club $49.   It's probably double or triple that now.

I have seen these prices, and lower, prior and early on in the restart. I doubt we will see any of these prices, so I figured I wouldn't mention them as it set unrealistic expectations for someone who reads this.

Someone will see these prices and assume they may eventually come about and when they don't, miss out on other savings. Like currently the Beach club is $269 on most sailings. Royal has raised prices across the board, so "sale" prices are higher as well. If you go over to the Premier pass thread, there are still people who are calling about a product that doesn't exist on Royal because they only read so far or saw the title only.

13 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I have seen these prices, and lower, prior and early on in the restart. I doubt we will see any of these prices, so I figured I wouldn't mention them as it set unrealistic expectations for someone who reads this.

Someone will see these prices and assume they may eventually come about and when they don't, miss out on other savings. Like currently the Beach club is $269 on most sailings. Royal has raised prices across the board, so "sale" prices are higher as well. If you go over to the Premier pass thread, there are still people who are calling about a product that doesn't exist on Royal because they only read so far or saw the title only.

Agreed that many of these prices are unrealistic right now.

We booked the prices I listed for internet, soda, refreshment and dining packages last summer. 

2 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

Agreed that many of these prices are unrealistic right now.

We booked the prices I listed for internet, soda, refreshment and dining packages last summer. 

It is crazy because I have receipts from 2018/2019. I remember getting a soda package for $5.99. I also remember right during the restart in 2021 seeing the refreshment and Key for $16.99/17.99. Now those items on sale are $9.99 for soda, $25.99 for refreshment and $28.99 for the Key. 

19 hours ago, DoomSlayer said:

You have to be careful playing the waiting game on things that have limited quantities, such as excursions, cabanas, and a few other items. You should book these items as early as possible to ensure you get them if they are “must haves” for you because they can sell out.

Very true. I looked up the UDP on we paid $225 for our Ovation sailing, it's now listed at $185. When I clicked to view it, it says it's sold out. 

28 minutes ago, Skippy67 said:

Very true. I looked up the UDP on we paid $225 for our Ovation sailing, it's now listed at $185. When I clicked to view it, it says it's sold out. 

Many have been experiencing that. No one is ever able to actually buy it at that price. It usually goes back to $225ish & is once again available. 🤷‍♂️

On 5/17/2023 at 2:45 PM, AlmondFarmer said:

Royal has a new batch of summer interns starting soon. Keep an eye out for deals.

18 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Many have been experiencing that. No one is ever able to actually buy it at that price. It usually goes back to $225ish & is once again available. 🤷‍♂️

See, they're already getting a head start!