Medical request

We have had these same items either both in the room when we arrived or dropped off to the room within a couple of hours of the rooms being opened (one item there, the other delivered afterwards). It has not been an issue at all. We did not receive a follow up call or email. I think these items are very common requests.

14 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, so I put in a medical request for a refrigerator and sharps container. Got automated response like it said I would when I went to click submit. My question is will I be hearing from them again email or phone call, or am I just good to expect them in my cabin?

The automated response is just a confirmation that your request has been received. You should also receive a personal response soon; generally, within about 10 business days once your request has been viewed by an employee.

Items requested should be in your cabin on embarkation day. If not, your stateroom attendant will make note of the items you need when they introduce themselves on embarkation day and deliver them by the evening. Typically, while you are at dinner.

42 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

Just ask your cabin attendant. They will get you a sharps container by the time you are ready for dinner. 

As for the refrigerator, there is a small dorm type of cooler that is more than sufficient to keep your meds cool. 

The room cooler would not be sufficient that is why I requested the medical refrigerator.

On 4/11/2023 at 10:03 AM, Jolly Ogre said:

Just ask your cabin attendant. They will get you a sharps container by the time you are ready for dinner. 

As for the refrigerator, there is a small dorm type of cooler that is more than sufficient to keep your meds cool. 

Not all cabins on all ships  have these.  Not all coolers work. The temp of the cooler may not meet the temp the meds need to be stored at. 

On 4/10/2023 at 5:12 PM, KJones said:

If for some reason they aren't there when cabins are ready, head over to Guest Services. We forgot to request one and it was in the room within an hour or two.

Guest Services on boarding day can be crazy...We have just picked up our phone in our room to call Guest Service.  So much faster and easier then standing in that long line.

Ok, now I have a follow-up question. I wasn't worried about how many available plugs I would have. But will the medical refrigerator take up one? I know Wonder has the most plugs and USB ports, but was planning fan, sound machine, and phone. Bringing both fan and sound machine in both plug and USB version's. (I know, nuts. But want to cover all my bases). Should I buy a euro converter as well for extra outlet? No surge, I know. Or maybe they have special plug for medical fridge?

What ship will you be on? We had a QR code on Allure two weeks ago that allowed for requests from your room without needing guest services. I saw one report that a person had this code on Quantum also. It does not seem to be rolled out on all ships at this time. We used it 4 times and had a response in under and hour each time.

Screenshot_20230405_090323_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b6c1b0c2dab3e2368c2f1beabd12762e.jpg

16 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Not all cabins on all ships  have these.  Not all coolers work. The temp of the cooler may not meet the temp the meds need to be stored at. 

If you need your cooler to be colder, stick your ice bucket in there (arrange lower shelf so door closes). I learned this trick on this board and used it during our cruise - it made warm water bottles cold and the ice didn't melt as quickly. Felt more like a fridge than a cooler (although space is more limited in there). 

3 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Ok, now I have a follow-up question. I wasn't worried about how many available plugs I would have. But will the medical refrigerator take up one? I know Wonder has the most plugs and USB ports, but was planning fan, sound machine, and phone. Bringing both fan and sound machine in both plug and USB version's. (I know, nuts. But want to cover all my bases). Should I buy a euro converter as well for extra outlet? No surge, I know. Or maybe they have special plug for medical fridge?

We've always traveled with a USB splitter, as another option. One plug, 4 USB devices.