Crown Loft continual hammering noise compensation

On an Oasis-class ship just now, in a Crown Loft. They've been repairing something on the deck above all day, hammering on the steel continuously for hours (at least 9am - 2:30pm). It's too loud to talk in the room or balcony, let alone relax, and my toddler has no hope of getting a nap. Suite concierge and attendants have been sympathetic but no help at all, not even returning calls.  Room is unusable; we'd just go and explore the rest of the ship, but the poor kid really needs a nap.

Quite annoyed about it, and I'm wondering if it's reasonable to ask for compensation -- and if so what would be usual compensation for this kind of thing?

I would definitely be visiting guest services and asking how long this repair work/noise is going to be going on for.  If this is for the duration of your cruise then perhaps ask if there is another room you could be moved to (might be more difficult to accommodate due to the type of room you are in).   Once you know what you are dealing with then perhaps compensation would be worth asking about.  Good luck - I too would be annoyed.

Compensation is absolutely reasonable.  A few years ago we had noise issues when OA first came back after amplification.  The noise on the pool deck was unbearable.  We were given a 20% FCC as compensation.  Do NOT wait until after you disembark. By then it’s too late.  If the Suites Concierge doesn’t help you, ask to speak to the Hotel Director.  Even if they give you a different room, the inconvenience has already occurred.

A couple weeks ago I got an unsolicited 25% FCC for a leaking AC pipe that got our carpet wet (though I haven't actually received the FCC yet).

And that was really no nuisance to us at all.

Not having a quiet room due to maintenance sure seems like something they'd take care of you for. And it's a shame the concierge didn't feel like helping. 

When I was on the wonder inaugural cruise we had an issue, brought it up to the suite concierge and they took care of it for us. They got us a 20% Goodwill credit for future Cruise. This has to go through the Miami office for approval so it took a couple days to get it done. You do need to take care of it before you leave the ship otherwise it will be difficult to get any help. They sent me an email after I got off the ship about 2 weeks later and I had an actual certificate with a dollar amount to be applied to a future Cruise.