The next chapter of “Cruisin with my Brother”

Pooch

Some of you will remember the earlier chapters of this saga - “Flights Cancelled, Cancelled, Cancelled”.  Well we have the replacement cruise all booked and ready to go in 37 days.  Yesterday I get a call from him that he and his girlfriend (it’s been about a year for them) are breaking up.  Yep, you guessed it, she’s booked on the cruise too.  Please don’t tell him the rest of us are secretly doing the happy dance cuz none of us really like her anyway.  I have advised him to just let her be a no show at the terminal.  I can’t think of any advantage to canceling her now other than being sure they can’t reconcile & her join us again.  Am I missing anything?  The cruise is after 4/30 so I don’t think there would be any refund of the cruise fare.

I would leave it as is at this point.  You never know…he may have a friend or ?? that might want to join him last minute and he can just switch out the name and keep everything the same.  As long as he is on the cruise, I’m guessing, is what you truly want anyway.  
Hope everyone has a great cruise regardless of the end result.

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Some of you will remember the earlier chapters of this saga - “Flights Cancelled, Cancelled, Cancelled”.  Well we have the replacement cruise all booked and ready to go in 37 days.  Yesterday I get a call from him that he and his girlfriend (it’s been about a year for them) are breaking up.  Yep, you guessed it, she’s booked on the cruise too.  Please don’t tell him the rest of us are secretly doing the happy dance cuz none of us really like her anyway.  I have advised him to just let her be a no show at the terminal.  I can’t think of any advantage to canceling her now other than being sure they can’t reconcile & her join us again.  Am I missing anything?  The cruise is after 4/30 so I don’t think there would be any refund of the cruise fare.

Might be a good idea to remover her name from the reservation and just add anyone else in (who would also be a no show).  That would avoid any chance of her being able to board the ship.  

Our son broke up with his girlfriend due to her cheating and in her place he invited a college friend.  The only thing that we had his friend pay for was his own airfare.  They had a great time and his friend had been overseas before so he helped us with lots of suggestions.

If I remember there was no fee for the name change or very small like a $50 fee.

My son broke up with his partner last week, we leave in 10 days. He was able to find a friend and we just swapped out the names. No extra fee because everything was already paid for. We were even able to keep the drink package. Maybe your brother can find a buddy or if you guys have a family member that he wouldn't mind sharing a room with, you could add them and then you're not out the money. 

Good luck and happy cruising!

Kate

18 minutes ago, Pooch said:

My brother is pushing 70 and really should know better.  Has always had lousy taste in women🙄.  I think he will enjoy the peace and quiet of a solo cabin.

Well, I guess finding a cougar is out of the question for him at 70.  LOL.

I hope he is able to relax, recharge, and put this behind him on the cruise.