Check in- does it begin at midnight EST?

Eyeonhevn

2 hours ago, Rfk said:

Just checked in, went live ~3 min after midnight. Got 10am check in, plan to be in line 9:30. 

Had to input all info for 5 persons, getting a check in time came last. Others have posted to skip data entry to get to a time faster, but site was playing hardball and wouldn’t let me proceed without doing all of it. 

Sounds like you checked in online rather than using the app? It's only the app that will let you snag those times first and do the rest later. But it's great that you got the early slots you wanted. 😊

4 hours ago, Rfk said:

Just checked in, went live ~3 min after midnight. Got 10am check in, plan to be in line 9:30. 

Had to input all info for 5 persons, getting a check in time came last. Others have posted to skip data entry to get to a time faster, but site was playing hardball and wouldn’t let me proceed without doing all of it. 

Just remember when getting there that early that traffic and people will be everywhere, as you'll still have people getting off the ship and people trying to line up to get on. 

53 minutes ago, Coda_Sarah said:

I'm curious why they offer a 10am check in time if they don't check people in at that time?  

They do start checking people in - in the terminal you have to go through security and then review your documents etc.. My last cruise I had a 10 am check in time - once those things were taken care of we were in a holding area (with chairs) until the ship was cleared for us to board. Then it was the suite guests that were waiting first, then the Key guests, and then everyone else who had already gone through checkin. I know it sounds like a lot of people, but it was just a steady stream of people going up the ramps to board. And once people got on board and went wherever they were heading first, it was a pretty empty ship for quite a while.

21 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

They do start checking people in - in the terminal you have to go through security and then review your documents etc.. My last cruise I had a 10 am check in time - once those things were taken care of we were in a holding area (with chairs) until the ship was cleared for us to board. Then it was the suite guests that were waiting first, then the Key guests, and then everyone else who had already gone through checkin. I know it sounds like a lot of people, but it was just a steady stream of people going up the ramps to board. And once people got on board and went wherever they were heading first, it was a pretty empty ship for quite a while.

Okay, thank you.  That makes total sense. I remember having a 10:30 check in time for my Enchantment cruise.  We had to wait a few minutes in a holding area while another group (assuming suite, key, pinnacle) boarded first.  By the time, we went through security, documents, and the very short wait in the holding area, we were on board before 11am.  Thanks again!