Crown and Anchor Points

Eric F

To maximize how your points are awarded for the connecting rooms scenario, book one adult solo and the other adult with the kids in the adjoining room. Always book the same parent as the solo to accumulate double points on a single account. Cost of cruise is slightly more this way as you'll pay four full price and one reduced fare (as opposed to four full price) but it's a great way to accumulate double points if you're booking two rooms anyway.

• 1 year later...

Hi Folks. 

My wife booked a 9 night cruise with her friend.. and now I am available and can book a room (me and the kids) in a seperate room. 

Q: would we just get the 9 points, or do we get 9 points each as its a seperate room and booking? (ie 18 points?) 

4 hours ago, GADGT5 said:

Hi Folks. 

My wife booked a 9 night cruise with her friend.. and now I am available and can book a room (me and the kids) in a seperate room. 

Q: would we just get the 9 points, or do we get 9 points each as its a seperate room and booking? (ie 18 points?) 

You would each get 9 points in your scenario.  You would also get 9 points each if you were in the same room.  Each person in the room will get the points.

4 hours ago, GADGT5 said:

Hi Folks. 

You would each get points, but they don't add points together. So, you each would have 9 points, regardless of your relationship match. You share status and not points. 

19 hours ago, GADGT5 said:

Hi Folks. 

Just to clarify, you and your spouse have separate counters in the system.  When you are in a CAS relationship, CAS will display the counter of the person in the relationship who has the highest number.  Despite that each person earns points that go towards their individual counter only.

For example:

Husband has 10 points

Wife has 45 points.

Both people will appear to have 45 points despite husband actually having 10 points.

If the husband then goes on a cruise and earns 9 points while the wife stays home...

Husband now has 19 points

Wife still has 45 points.

Both people will appear to have 45 points despite husband actually having 20 points.

The husband's activity will never apply towards the wife's counter.