Masks?

Sunny_D

My SIL just completed her and BIL check in for our Allure cruise next month (I did mine and my husbands a few weeks ago). She said an alert or something came up on her screen saying masks were required during the check in process. I don’t recall seeing this same message when I checked in. Are they still requiring masks at check in and/or on board? I can’t find anything that indicates this on RC’s site. We will be sailing out of Galveston. Appreciate any info, thanks.

1 hour ago, Sunny_D said:

My SIL just completed her and BIL check in for our Allure cruise next month (I did mine and my husbands a few weeks ago). She said an alert or something came up on her screen saying masks were required during the check in process. I don’t recall seeing this same message when I checked in. Are they still requiring masks at check in and/or on board? I can’t find anything that indicates this on RC’s site. We will be sailing out of Galveston. Appreciate any info, thanks.

I'm on Allure right now. No mask required at any point during check in or onboard.

I would recommend you pack some masks to use in very congested areas, such as the elevators (if you use them).  Last month we wore masks at check-in in Galveston, but as previously posted, most travelers did not wear masks.  Our pictures were re-taken, and we needed to lower our masks for that.  Ditto at disembarkation for the face-recognition cameras (no passports inspected upon our return).

4 cruises I've been on since masking was turned optional for all, maybe 5% of passengers wore masks, maybe less than that. Only on my Vancouver cruise last June did it feel like a tangible number of people wore masks, and a lot of that was due to the amount of Canadians on board.

The only terminal I had to wear a mask in (since that rule went away)was Los Angeles in July 2022, though I'm sure that's gone by now.

Bring masks just in case. There are cases you might have to wear them on the ship. In my case my wife got covid and was isolated. I tested negative. I was allowed to walk around the ship but I had to wear a mask. As well they have set up a cabin near medical to do covid testing. Anybody in close contact who tested negative has to go down and get tested every day (need to be masked up), you need 5 negative tested before they clear you as negative.

As well we always took them when we got off the ship at ports (when she didn't have covid).

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

The app still has references to now outdated covid protocols. Someone emailed me the other day about the app showing vaccinated zones.

Bottom line is these are out of date and no longer required from North America

Last week the app was referencing some shows as 'for vaccinated guests'

57 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

Oh man - I'm sorry to hear that your wife got COVID - I hope she recovered quickly!? Yea - I echo the others and say - bring a few masks just in case. They were giving out masks in the staterooms upon boarding but our last cruise was a year ago - are they still doing that?

There were masks in out staterooms upon arrival on the Adventure 2 weeks ago.  We were not asked to wear them at any point on the cruise,  during check-in or otherwise.

58 minutes ago, Maggie M said:

They were giving out masks in the staterooms upon boarding but our last cruise was a year ago - are they still doing that?

I was on Grandeur 2 weeks ago.  No masks or hand sanitizer in the cabin and the cabin itself was not fully cleaned.  I went to open a drawer and there was wine that had settled in the crevice and was down the face front of the drawers.  I asked at Guest Services about the masks and was told they no longer provide them.  Howeveer, my cabin was changed due to lack of working internet in my cabin, and the new cabin had 2 masks, no hand sanitizer.  I feel there is never a consistent answer from the staff.  I did not inquire of the other passengers what they had in their cabins.    Also to note, the sing "cleaned and sanitized" was missing from my cabn door, but was on other cabins in my hallway.  I board Symphony this weekend and will see if there is sanitizer/masks, or perhaps someone else will weigh in.

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I was on Grandeur 2 weeks ago.  No masks or hand sanitizer in the cabin and the cabin itself was not fully cleaned.  I went to open a drawer and there was wine that had settled in the crevice and was down the face front of the drawers.  I asked at Guest Services about the masks and was told they no longer provide them.  Howeveer, my cabin was changed due to lack of working internet in my cabin, and the new cabin had 2 masks, no hand sanitizer.  I feel there is never a consistent answer from the staff.  I did not inquire of the other passengers what they had in their cabins.    Also to note, the sing "cleaned and sanitized" was missing from my cabn door, but was on other cabins in my hallway.  I board Symphony this weekend and will see if there is sanitizer/masks, or perhaps someone else will weigh in.

Thanks!

Currently on Oasis and no mask or sanitizer in the rooms, my room was also not thoroughly cleaned. I always bring Lysol wipes and stuff anyway, so it wasn't a big deal. On both Odyssey and Harmony in Nov, there was mask and sanitizer. If your sailing will be at capacity and you are worried about germs, mask might be a good bet. Countless times a day someone is just coughing/sneezing into the air. I don't know if it is a lack of manners or muscle reflex from when mask was a thing.