What cruise ports would you like to see developed or added?

15 hours ago, Al Miller said:

Norfolk would be an interesting option for those of us in the mid Atlantic. But they have to get their act together first. The horror stories that have come out of there recently are pretty bad. What about Philly?

We're not on the Ocean. Would have to go up/down the Delaware River.

I would love it if RCL would develop different routes in Europe. Every year it is a repeat of the previous year.  Once you've done them all twice, you are done and have to switch to a different cruiseline to see something different. 

For us more cruises from Europe with multiple stops in Egypt or Jordan would be great.

'Would also love to cruise to Marocco and Tunesia from Spain.

8 hours ago, Marga said:

I would love it if RCL would develop different routes in Europe. Every year it is a repeat of the previous year.  Once you've done them all twice, you are done and have to switch to a different cruiseline to see something different. 

For us more cruises from Europe with multiple stops in Egypt or Jordan would be great.

'Would also love to cruise to Marocco and Tunesia from Spain.

The smaller ships vary itineraries, but the Oasis ships only fit in those select ports. I doubt you’ll ever see Tunisia with the issues there. Celebrity also has some slightly different itineraries like Malta. Might be worth checking out.

A destination that few know about is the San Blas Islands off the coast of Panama. I lived on one of the islands back in the 80s for a few months and the Sitmar cruise line came in about once a month. They had to tender to the island. The islands are inhabited by the native Cuna people who are very welcoming and interesting. It is one of the few places that a person can still see a culture that has not changed much in hundreds of years. No running water or electricity on the island I lived on (Carti Tupile) and very laid back. 

Cuba, for sure. I know Royal doesn't seem to have any ships available to directly port there, but how about tender boats?

There are handful of islands I've never seen on any itineraries I've researched; Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, and Martinique. Also, I don't see very many RC cruises that stop in the Dominican Republic.

On 2/3/2023 at 11:52 AM, SPS said:

Cuba, for sure. I know Royal doesn't seem to have any ships available to directly port there, but how about tender boats?

There are handful of islands I've never seen on any itineraries I've researched; Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, and Martinique. Also, I don't see very many RC cruises that stop in the Dominican Republic.

Jewel goes to Trinidad in the winter 23/24 season. We just went there on Rhapsody last month. Martinique you can get to on the Vision or Radiance class (just not a lot of dates). DR has popped up on a lot of itineraries for the next couple years now that the port is finished… look at Odyssey, Adventure and Wonder from FL.

I am seeing a lot of news about the 7 states trying to negotiate water rights along the Colorado river. 

It seems to me if we build a Suez type canal from the Mississippi to Denver they could home port a ship in Denver AND solve the drought issues along the Colorado river.  

Denver gets a cruise port and the West is saved from drought.  Seems like a win-win to me.