Royal Caribbean Cookbook

cruisellama

1 hour ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Is it an actual cookbook? Like with recipes for dishes on the ship restaurants?

Cuz that would be super cool

Actual cookbook. Tried to take pictures, but didn't work. Not very tech savvy

Table of Contents list recipes from the following venues - Giovanni's Table; Dining Room; Solarium; Vintages; Izumi; 150 Central Park; Seafood Shack; Chops Grill; & Portofino. Found a receipt in it dated 2014.

My other one has no date but its Volume 3 - Recipes in are listed by types - Salads; Appetizers; Soups; Pastas; Fish and Seafood; Meat and Poultry; Vegetables; Desserts; & Beverages

41 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

We received a cookbook and aprons a few years ago.  Not sure it’s the same cookbook (can’t look at the moment).  I was hoping it would have the recipe for the mushroom soup but alas, it does not.  😓

Forest Mushroom Soup

3T. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

1 clove Garlic ;  peeled & chopped                                                     Garnish

2 medium Yellow Onion ; peeled & chopped                         4 oz Enoki Mushrooms

10 oz Crimini Mushrooms                                                       3 T. White Truffle Oil

10 oz. Button Mushrooms

10 oz. small Portabella Mushrooms or 2 large mushrooms

2 large Idaho Potatoes ; peeled and thickly sliced

1 spring Thyme

1 Bay leaf

1/2 c. Dry White Wine

1 quart Vegetable Broth/Stock

Salt and fresh ground Pepper

1/4 c. Heavy Cream

In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm oil and saute garlic and onions for 4 minutes.

Add mushrooms, potatoes, herbs sauting for 5 minutes, allowing potatoes to begin to caramelize.

Deglaze with the wine and add veg. stock.

Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 min. or until potatoes are soft to the touch.

Season with salt and pepper.

In batches; transfer mixture to a food processor and blend until smooth.

Put in clean saucepan; add heavy cream and mix well.

Ladle into warm soup bowls, garnish with Enoki mushrooms and a drizzle of Truffle oil.

Serves 6

Served in Chops Grill

We just tried the mushroom soup recipe posted above to go with our Christmas Eve lunch. I used 16 ounces white button, 8 oz baby bellas, and two portobello caps. I couldn't find any of the tiny enoki mushrooms for garnish, so we just cut up one of the baby bellas. We sliced the mushrooms before cooking (not noted in the recipe), and I had some half and half already so I added a couple Tablespoons of butter along with it instead of using cream. I also used 3 sprigs of thyme instead of just one. 

It was pretty tasty - it's been over 6 months since I have been onboard a ship, so I can't say if the recipe is quite true or not though. Maybe my tastebuds will remember enough to compare in 120 days when we're on Allure. I put a couple containers in the freezer, but I don't think it will last that long. We will definitely make the recipe again, but next time I'm going to replace about a quarter of the vegetable stock with veal or beef stock, and I'll add a couple more tablespoons of butter. I wanted it to be just a little richer. 

20221224_121603.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...