Help Please

2 hours ago, merrycookie said:

We are scheduled to cruise in Feb on a b2b cruise. There are 6 of us & all vaxed but 1....Our issue is that we can't get into the USA unvaxed..(from Canada)...Should we cancel or can we cancel? We are paid in full.

That is a tough call.  Current orders prohibiting unvaccinated non-citizens int the US expires January 8, 2023.  But they defiantly have a chance to be extended beyond that.  Have you spoken to Royal to see what they suggest and options you have for canceling if it does get extended?

If you are past final payment due date then the normal cancellation schedule would apply.

I don't think Royal will accept ineligible to enter the country as a valid reason to cancel a cruise and bypass the cancellation schedule.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/booking-cancellation-refund-policy

It's a sliding scale so the longer you wait to cancel, the more you lose.  

You could try calling them to see if they would move your cruise to a later date but that is a long shot.  Still, it never hurts to ask them about this situation.  

50 minutes ago, PL8SWPR said:

Is the individual a child or adult?  There are some exceptions and being a child is one of them as well as being medically unable to get the "vaccine."

Still crazy that although we know it doesn't prevent anyone from getting C19, they still pretend that it does for situations like this.

She is an adult (RN).

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2022 at 2:25 PM, smokeybandit said:

The US has fallen well behind the rest of the world with that border vaccination requirement, which is disappointing.

How is this even a thing still? A year and a half ago US was amending laws to get around Canada’s strict vaccination policies so cruises could go to Alaska. But even Canada got rid of the vaccine requirement for entry many months ago but the US still hanging on. A quick google search tells me there are currently 96 countries with no vaccine requirements to enter……can US come in at 97th?!

19 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

How is this even a thing still? A year and a half ago US was amending laws to get around Canada’s strict vaccination policies so cruises could go to Alaska. 

Technically that isn't why they instructed CBP to waive fines for violating laws.  Canada closed its ports to cruise ships.  It had nothing to do with Canadian vaccine policies.  

Does the J&J single dose still exist and count as fully vax’d? If they really want to cruise that could be an option.

Otherwise like or loathe the rules - they are what they are and you just have to work with them.

The insane loop holes that existed back in 2021 like coming from a Schengen country rather than Europe was just as infuriating. Whilst I hope we are almost at the end of these extra steps , until we are, I doubt RCL would give much leeway as the rules were in place when you booked, I assume?

You know when your hard drive crashes, but you can restore it from a previous point in time.....only you don't go back in time.....it just brings the hard drive from THAT point in time....to now.

I    would like to do that with 2019 rules, service levels, staff levels, prices, etc...  The world crashed and we need to restore the backup.  Is there a function on my computer or somewhere hidden in the world to do that?

17 minutes ago, CharmMicah68 said:

You know when your hard drive crashes, but you can restore it from a previous point in time.....only you don't go back in time.....it just brings the hard drive from THAT point in time....to now.

I    would like to do that with 2019 rules, service levels, staff levels, prices, etc...  The world crashed and we need to restore the backup.  Is there a function on my computer or somewhere hidden in the world to do that?

Sort of like the book/TV series The Peripheral