I need to stop looking at prices AFTER final payment

Wilson

The wife says I am obsessed with cruising and everything that comes along with it. This time I actually agree with her. LoL

Almost daily I check the prices of our booked cruises, flights and hotels. Prices go up and down and I notify our agent to take advantage of reductions if they exceed $20. Last night I noticed the largest price drop ever, but sadly it's AFTER final payment. Our May Harmony sailing in a JS dropped $750 and JS guarantee is about $1500 less than we paid. I know there is nothing we can do about it other than consider paying to upgrade to a GS for a total of almost $700.

We love love loved our GS on Liberty, but paid far less than what we did for the JS on Harmony. Just have to decide if the extra perks are worth it. I know that we would use the complimentary luggage valet, Suite lounge occasionally, the suite sun deck and definitely take advantage of Barefoot beach on Labadee. My only concern with Barefoot beach is that we are traveling with another couple and they will not upgrade to a Suite. Will they allow access to them if they are with us or is that only if we rent a Cabana?

Just returned from that 9 nighter last week.  It was a blast, and Navi is still in great shape!

However... knowing the group now onboard (Steve you know some of them!)... no telling what may happen!

31 minutes ago, RBRSKI said:

My wife accuses me of the same thing!!  

Guilty as well. At least now she knows about our cruise. Booked it in Feb and just told her last week. I'm glad I don't have to sneak around anymore! I think once you have paid for it, you just have to let it go. If you feel you paid a good price, then you did. You will make yourself crazy otherwise.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

My only concern with Barefoot beach is that we are traveling with another couple and they will not upgrade to a Suite. Will they allow access to them if they are with us or is that only if we rent a Cabana?

Yes, just tell concierge you need 4 bracelets instead of two.  Don't say why or explain, just ask for it very matter-of-factly.  They won't bat an eye.

13 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Join the cult of the upgrade seekers! The biggest challenge is knowing when to pull the trigger.

No price drops overnight and my GS has been released. Unless the rate comes down we will stay in our JS. Wife does not feel the GS is worth an extra $100 per day.

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

No price drops overnight and my GS has been released. Unless the rate comes down we will stay in our JS. Wife does not feel the GS is worth an extra $100 per day.

Still plenty of time. Don't really see the next drop wave until mid-week.

Last check there were still plenty of GS available.

I'm just happy I got my upgrade in at the amount it was. That in itself I'm still thinking was a fluke. Was quoted twice as much a hour earlier for the lower category.

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:32 AM, CGTLH said:

Still plenty of time. Don't really see the next drop wave until mid-week.

Last check there were still plenty of GS available.

I'm just happy I got my upgrade in at the amount it was. That in itself I'm still thinking was a fluke. Was quoted twice as much a hour earlier for the lower category.

Nice.

GS are still the same price and they have not sold one in a week. I had TA call to see if Royal would give me some OBC to pull the trigger. They said "no". TA will give me $50 and I have $150 in Royal Visa credit that would bring it down to $500.

Another question. GS come with free Voom. We already get free Voom with the Sip & Stream pkg. I sure they will not refund the internet portion, but can I give the extra internet codes to the other couple traveling with us? 

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Another question. GS come with free Voom. We already get free Voom with the Sip & Stream pkg. I sure they will not refund the internet portion, but can I give the extra internet codes to the other couple traveling with us? 

From what I experienced on Oasis with Sip and Stream all you get is a slip of paper with a code. Same way with Voom for a GS+.

4 hours ago, Wilson said:

Yes. 

I'm quite satisfied with the bottom line on our Jan Oasis cruise (although I don't remember having to have paid in

full before I could book packages and/or excursions before).

That said, I would be ecstatic if we were offered to upgrade to a JS (which I assume is the lowest of the suites)!!

On 4/15/2017 at 1:34 PM, Wilson said:

Almost daily I check the prices of our booked cruises, flights and hotels. Prices go up and down and I notify our agent to take advantage of reductions if they exceed $20. Last night I noticed the largest price drop ever, but sadly it's AFTER final payment.

Stopped doing that long ago...it is a waste of time!!    If you catagory is sold out, RCL is NEVER drop the price so why bother.  Price drops only occur with excess inventory.  

2 hours ago, WHStoneman said:

Stopped doing that long ago...it is a waste of time!!    If you catagory is sold out, RCL is NEVER drop the price so why bother.  Price drops only occur with excess inventory.  

True. I stopped when I found out that all the ocean view rooms were sold out on our cruise. The only way to "save" money now would be to upgrade to a higher category, if the prices dropped. But they aren't going to drop if the lower categories are already sold out. Why would they? I'd have to spend more to save.

13 hours ago, Floski said:

(although I don't remember having to have paid in

full before I could book packages and/or excursions before).

I'm not sure if this is something new? I booked our Oct cruise in Feb and so far have only put down the required deposit, and have been able to book excursions and drink packages already. The only thing left is dining reservations, but they haven't opened up yet.

5 hours ago, WHStoneman said:

Our category has not sold out. It is after final payment and was watching for affordable upgrades. Pulled the trigger this morning and now in a GS. Net additional cost will be under $400. :)

5 hours ago, fmanke said:

I'm not sure if this is something new? I booked our Oct cruise in Feb and so far have only put down the required deposit, and have been able to book excursions and drink packages already. The only thing left is dining reservations, but they haven't opened up yet.

No idea.  I sure thought I was able to last year.  

The only difference is that I'm using a TA this time, but she is the one who said I had to be fully paid before I could order.

1 hour ago, Floski said:

No idea.  I sure thought I was able to last year.  

The only difference is that I'm using a TA this time, but she is the one who said I had to be fully paid before I could order.

I'm also using a TA, so I don't know. I'm sure somebody else has the answer.

5 hours ago, Wilson said:

Our category has not sold out. It is after final payment and was watching for affordable upgrades. Pulled the trigger this morning and now in a GS. Net additional cost will be under $400. :)

Nice!

So, which GS did you end up getting?

22 hours ago, mworkman said:

Did you go thru a TA or with RC directly and did you get the spending bonus that they are currently offering?

TA. No bonus $ from Royal, but did get some from TA. Also factored in the money we will save not having to pay for luggage valet. Oh...and free WoW bands!

20 minutes ago, Wilson said:

We are in 10250. Never been on Harmony so not sure which deck is the most desirable.

Looks like several more GS were sold overnight.

Nice pick! Surprised it took so long to be grabbed.

Wonder how that funky balcony layout is in reality.

SmartSelectImage_2017-04-21-13-05-05.png.deabe70eef3096c1cacac135917dd6aa.png

Off topic: Care for the luggage tag PDF with Diamond Plus...

11 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Nice pick! Surprised it took so long to be grabbed.

Wonder how that funky balcony layout is in reality.

SmartSelectImage_2017-04-21-13-05-05.png.deabe70eef3096c1cacac135917dd6aa.png

Off topic: Care for the luggage tag PDF with Diamond Plus...

LoL, we got your previous cabin. Where are u now?

That would be great Michael! Current doc has us in JS as Diamond. 

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

LoL, we got your previous cabin. Where are u now?

That would be great Michael! Current doc has us in JS as Diamond. 

L1 (1754) For the price given I was crazy not to upgrade.

I'll send you an email with the file. If you want your own Royal needs to be contacted to have the docs reissued. Normally it takes 24 hours.

25 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

L1 (1754) For the price given I was crazy not to upgrade.

I'll send you an email with the file. If you want your own Royal needs to be contacted to have the docs reissued. Normally it takes 24 hours.

Sweet! 

File rec'd. 

Last time we upgraded we never received the updated docs. TA asked Royal three times, but we never got them. 

Thx again!