Cabin ready ques

Guad Crew

Yes, the cabins usually open to passengers about 1300-1400. I always bring a carry on type back pack. The last sailing on Odyssey we did our bags arrived on our floor at about 2030, we actually went looking for them and found them in the crew area stair case room. And to clarify by earlier I mean when the cabins are opened for you.

29 minutes ago, twangster said:

Cabins are generally ready between 1pm and 2pm depending on the ship.  Unlike other cruise lines Royal does not allow anyone to drop luggage off before cabins have been made ready to everyone.  Everything you carry on stays in your possession until they make the call over the PA that cabins are ready.  

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Ill try and keep that bag light. LOL

30 minutes ago, Neesa said:

Yes, the cabins usually open to passengers about 1300-1400. I always bring a carry on type back pack. The last sailing on Odyssey we did our bags arrived on our floor at about 2030, we actually went looking for them and found them in the crew area stair case room. And to clarify by earlier I mean when the cabins are opened for you.

Thanks for the info. Good to know. Thanks again!

11 minutes ago, Guad Crew said:

Gotcha. Thanks for the info. Ill try and keep that bag light. LOL

I use a roller bag so it's not a pain to carry around but it does mean no stairs for me until cabins are ready.  My days of carrying a heavy backpack around are over.  I'm giving my back a break.  

For example you can bring two bottles of wine in your carry on.  There is no way I'm putting that on my back.  Roller bag to the rescue.

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

I use a roller bag so it's not a pain to carry around but it does mean no stairs for me until cabins are ready.  My days of carrying a heavy backpack around are over.  I'm giving my back a break.  

For example you can bring two bottles of wine in your carry on.  There is no way I'm putting that on my back.  Roller bag to the rescue.

good to know ill def look into a bag like that. ;o)

I will say, this is purely based on my experiences, the earlier you get on, the early your bag comes. Also tipping seems to help. On My Harmony sailing last week I made it on the ship a little before noon, check-in was way backed up and I had the earliest time of 11am. The rooms were ready at 12:15 and my bag was there at 1pm. I am on Odyssey and check-in was pushed back, we got on after noon, rooms were ready at 1:30 and all of our bags were there. I believe most people had their luggage by 5pm. 

14 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I will say, this is purely based on my experiences, the earlier you get on, the early your bag comes. Also tipping seems to help. On My Harmony sailing last week I made it on the ship a little before noon, check-in was way backed up and I had the earliest time of 11am. The rooms were ready at 12:15 and my bag was there at 1pm. I am on Odyssey and check-in was pushed back, we got on after noon, rooms were ready at 1:30 and all of our bags were there. I believe most people had their luggage by 5pm. 

good tips.. thank you

13 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also tipping seems to help. 

Agree - I've had a mix of delivery times so far and I always tip literally everyone, but the time my bag came the fastest is when the porter and I were joking around as I made the handoff. Surely coincidence, but? 

Also - be certain you don't have any prohibited items in your bag so it doesn't end up in "jail"

1 hour ago, FloatyBoaty said:

Agree - I've had a mix of delivery times so far and I always tip literally everyone, but the time my bag came the fastest is when the porter and I were joking around as I made the handoff. Surely coincidence, but? 

Also - be certain you don't have any prohibited items in your bag so it doesn't end up in "jail"

We have usually had decent delivery times, but I agree with "tip literally everyone". I started carrying $1s, $5s, $10s. Baggage guy first. Stateroom attendant second. Then nearest bartender. 

39 minutes ago, Guad Crew said:

So if i get one without a cord a direct plug in, I should be ok?

Here's the simplest advice I can give.  If it has power outlets, it MAY get confiscated.  If it ONLY has USB outlets, you are almost certainly safe.

If you need more power outlets, the best option is to get a device that converts the European style outlets into US outlets.  Just be sure you understand whether or not such a device also converts the power from 240V to 120V.  You can burn up your electronics if they receive 240V when they only expect 120V.

On one of my recent cruises they confiscated my 1 to 3 AC plug. Then they were considering also confiscating my European power adapter that has USB ports but grudgingly let it go. @Atlantix2000 I never even considered whether it was a converter, so just checked, it isn't. Fortunately I always use if for the USB ports to avoid using one of the US AC outlets. Thanks for that hint.