Adding seapass card to apple wallet

We checked in last night (yay). When I view my seapass card it gives me the option to add to my Apple Wallet. When I hit the button, I get an error message that says they hit a snag, try again later. Is anyone else having problems with this or did I do something wrong?

14 minutes ago, MattG said:

Woah, this is a thing? Awesome! Does it work at all SeaPass touchpoints? Stateroom door, bar POS, etc?

Right now the most powerful cruise ship only puts out about 70,000 kilowatts. You'll have to wait for the Delorean Class of ships which will pump out 1.21 gigawatts

39 minutes ago, Pooch said:

The set sail pass is just a temp until rooms are ready & you get your actual Sea Pass card.  It’s not something you would use after that.  

But you can set up to use your phone as a digital room key, right? I know I've done it in hotels, and I thought that was an option onboard as well

The management of Royal Caribbean is living in 1995, you want them to to embrace digital wallet technology that has been popular for the past 5 or 6 years??? Yeah right!

Adding insult to injury, fluid integration with Apple products?.....OMG..... sit down Son, we need to talk.

On 7/7/2022 at 8:02 PM, TheRick said:

We checked in last night (yay). When I view my seapass card it gives me the option to add to my Apple Wallet. When I hit the button, I get an error message that says they hit a snag, try again later. Is anyone else having problems with this or did I do something wrong?

Been having same issue since yesterday.  Hope fixed in a before Cruise end July, would be a bit easier to have then scanned from Apple Wallet when get to port for check in 

18 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Actually having a hard copy of setsail pass, vax card, test results and ID in hand out and ready is the fastest means of checking in at the port.

Can confirm. Printed copies made checking in so much faster. 

When I was checking in my 5-person family, I had sorted my vax cards, test results, passports, and setsail passes by person. That was a bad idea, because the various check-in persons wanted everyone’s vax cards at once; then everyone’s setsail passes at once, then everyone’s passports, etc.  

When/if vax and testing requirements are dropped, having the SetSail pass in the Wallet makes more sense (especially if passports are digitized the same way drivers licenses are being digitized in MD and AZ). Until then, paper all the way. 

6 hours ago, MattG said:

Can confirm. Printed copies made checking in so much faster. 

When I was checking in my 5-person family, I had sorted my vax cards, test results, passports, and setsail passes by person. That was a bad idea, because the various check-in persons wanted everyone’s vax cards at once; then everyone’s setsail passes at once, then everyone’s passports, etc.  

When/if vax and testing requirements are dropped, having the SetSail pass in the Wallet makes more sense (especially if passports are digitized the same way drivers licenses are being digitized in MD and AZ). Until then, paper all the way. 

Interesting  when I’ve traveled with more than one person they asked for each set of documents by the person being checked in, 

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Lorrie Elder said:

My set sail pass says sorry we hit a snag try back later.  I tried to load to Apple Wallet and couldn’t.  Anyone know what this means?

Welcome to the message boards!

I've yet to find any value to having the SeaPass card in the Apple wallet.  In fact often my phone will disable it in the wallet because of "too many frequent updates" leading me to think they haven't thought it all the way through.  

It has been a backup I've never used.  

56 minutes ago, twangster said:

Welcome to the message boards!

I've yet to find any value to having the SeaPass card in the Apple wallet.  In fact often my phone will disable it in the wallet because of "too many frequent updates" leading me to think they haven't thought it all the way through.  

It has been a backup I've never used.  

Had the same kind of technical issues.

I always went with paper copies of everything. As a backup, I took a screenshot of the SetSail pass and made it a favorite.

I have also heard of people making their SetSail pass as their Lock Screen wallpaper. I’m not a fan of this idea but to each their own.

34 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

I always went with paper copies of everything

This is what we do as well, it was a pro-tip I learned from this board. There's always 5+ of us traveling, and i always wedge a printed SetSail pass in each person's passport - it's that much easier to hand over to the check-in agent and get onto the ship!