I always completed my Post Cruise Survey's, until I overheard this!

1 hour ago, Florz said:

I'm not convinced anyone even reads the surveys.

Oh they read them. There's more than enough anecdotal data of someone putting something in survey and getting a followup later (not always, but it happens).

Moreover, crew talk about how impactful surveys are on their career.

Whether or not your survey has a meaningful impact on changing policy is another matter, but they definitely do read them.

On 9/16/2023 at 7:17 PM, gavvy said:

My last waiter ..who was quite bad asked me twice to rate him out of 10..and then waited for the answer. It was awkward I tol him he was a 10 just so he would buzz off. Didn't stop him asking again though.

I find the survey prompt and the almost begging for a 10 to be uncomfortable and it shows how much pressure they are under to get top marks.

Originally I was going to give him a low score reflective of his service but then I felt bad so ended up giving him a 10. I don't want to be part of the reason he looses his job, but at the same time I shouldn't have felt guilty about filling in a standard feedback form.

If any crew specifically ask for a "10" we ABSOLUTELY report the individual(s) by name at the question about whether any crew requested a high score, even if they DESERVE a high score (btw - nobody gets a "10" from us unless they are extraordinary - perfect scores are reserved for the exceptional). If a crew member says something like "I hope you'll give me a high score on the survey," that's not reported because it's just a reminder of the importance of the survey rather than begging for a particular score.

2 hours ago, Carlos A. said:

Just a reminder, any rate below 10 is considered a bad rate for corporate. Even 9. So...

Because corporate is part of the "everybody gets a trophy" culture. If a "10" is acceptable and a "9" is a failure, just make it a series of "yes/no" questions.

"Was the food perfect? Yes or No?" and "Was the itinerary perfect? Yes or No?" would very quickly become "Was the food acceptable? Yes or No?" and "Was the itinerary okay? Yes or No?" because they wouldn't like the answers about perfection.

6 hours ago, HeWhoWaits said:

If any crew specifically ask for a "10" we ABSOLUTELY report the individual(s) by name at the question about whether any crew requested a high score, 

Obviously they are going to mention the survey ( usually on the 1st night ) when they do we politely inform them that we know about it and that we will fill it in accordingly, we also point out that if they mention the survey again at any point over the course of our cruise we will deduct 1 point everytime its mentioned, Needless to say it not mentioned 

Both my wife and I received survey request within 4hrs after return on Wonder last.  Sure seems like its an automated request to email on file.

I spent considerable time honestly completing all sections with both complements/recognitions as well as disappointments and "improvement opportunities".

Written in a way that anyone reading the comments will followup.  We'll see!

On a cruise in 2022 I was reminded every night in the dining room to fill out the survey. I would reply that I always do the survey and give honest answers. On the last night we finished our dinner and left the table. Our waiter didn’t see us leave and ran to us as we were exiting the dining room. In a very excited voice, he begged us to complete the survey, give him a good review, and did we want to tip him before we left. I was so appalled by his behavior that I couldn’t reply. My husband just gave a quick “no!” And we left. This event was mentioned in my survey response. I felt like I was being pressured to do the d**n survey! 

I’ve also been told that the MDR and wait staff are linked and only a top score is acceptable.  I no longer respond to the questions for that area because I am almost always very happy with the wait staff and almost always disappointed with the MDR food quality.  I don’t want them to get it re-made because it just isn’t that good.  If it were that good the specialty restaurants wouldn’t be so popular.  I know what it will be and it won’t be great because of cost control.  I’m okay with that.  If I want 5-Star dining I’ll take Silversea, Oceania, or Regent and pay $10K more.

I will acknowledge excellence by naming an outstanding waiter by name.

On 9/24/2023 at 3:35 PM, itchintogo said:

On a cruise in 2022 I was reminded every night in the dining room to fill out the survey. I would reply that I always do the survey and give honest answers. On the last night we finished our dinner and left the table. Our waiter didn’t see us leave and ran to us as we were exiting the dining room. In a very excited voice, he begged us to complete the survey, give him a good review, and did we want to tip him before we left. I was so appalled by his behavior that I couldn’t reply. My husband just gave a quick “no!” And we left. This event was mentioned in my survey response. I felt like I was being pressured to do the d**n survey! 

In an instance like this, I would say this crew member shouldn’t be a waiter. I don’t mind the constant pressure to fill out the survey but the tip comment is very inappropriate. 

20 hours ago, Doug_Texas said:

I’ve also been told that the MDR and wait staff are linked and only a top score is acceptable.  I no longer respond to the questions for that area because I am almost always very happy with the wait staff and almost always disappointed with the MDR food quality.  I don’t want them to get it re-made because it just isn’t that good.  If it were that good the specialty restaurants wouldn’t be so popular.  I know what it will be and it won’t be great because of cost control.  I’m okay with that.  If I want 5-Star dining I’ll take Silversea, Oceania, or Regent and pay $10K more.

I will acknowledge excellence by naming an outstanding waiter by name.

Yes, budget cruise line = budget food. I’m not saying all the food is sub-par, but it’s certainly not anything to brag about. The true 5 star experience is not ever going to be Royal Caribbean but should be expected on Regent or Silversea. IMHO Star Class is just lipstick on a pig (a pig that can get more food & faster).