Jump to content

My Time Dining


Recommended Posts

So I had no idea about the importance of making reservations at the MDR so the earliest I was able to book is 7pm for our dinners. Can we try to go at an earlier time before our reservation? What is the best time to go if it is possible? I have a 3yr old and we normally have our dinners at 5:30-6pm at home. Will there be a penalty if we go for an earlier dinner time and cancel our reservation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No penalty for missing reservations. You can walk up and get my time dining at any time but you may have a wait, and they may say "You need to book" but they won't turn you away. At least this applied before covid and when we sailed post covid on a reduced capacity cruise. Also if you dont like your table say something as soon as possible otherwise they will try and seat you there every night.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently Royal isn't offering My Time on most ship before 6:45pm.  This was implemented due to virus protocols.

They are trying to force guests into the early traditional time slot so they are consuming the dining room space normally used with My Time at 5pm and using it for an expanded early traditional dining.

So the problem you will run into isn't a matter of other guests beating you to the early My Time slots, the problem is My Time doesn't exist until 6:45pm.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, twangster said:

Currently Royal isn't offering My Time on most ship before 6:45pm.  This was implemented due to virus protocols.

They are trying to force guests into the early traditional time slot so they are consuming the dining room space normally used with My Time at 5pm and using it for an expanded early traditional dining.

So the problem you will run into isn't a matter of other guests beating you to the early My Time slots, the problem is My Time doesn't exist until 6:45pm.  

Just a heads up My Time Dining reservations are available earlier on Anthem, cruising from Southampton this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry in advance, newbie here and lots of questions. lol

So I contacted my TA and they said that 'my time' dining wasnt open/available  so I am locked into the 5:15PM/ early slot.  Since this is my 1st cruise and I havent seen how this works, is half of the ship showing up at this time with the other half the later seating?  Are we sitting at the same table with the same other couple/guests for the entire cruise?  How strict is the time slot, if I show up 5:30 or 5:45 am I going to get turned away?   Is this buffet or are we ordering from a menu and does it change each day? What are the other 'free' options available if I am not ready to eat so early and want to eat later on?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ken, in the main dining room, all guests at your table are served at the same time, so arriving late will disrupt the service schedule for that table. You will sit with the same group every evening.  The meal is served in different courses, and each person orders what they want form that evening's offerings.  If you want more flexibility, eating at the buffet is a popular option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2022 at 1:43 PM, Ken Edgar said:

So I contacted my TA and they said that 'my time' dining wasnt open/available  so I am locked into the 5:15PM/ early slot.  Since this is my 1st cruise and I havent seen how this works, is half of the ship showing up at this time with the other half the later seating?  Are we sitting at the same table with the same other couple/guests for the entire cruise?  How strict is the time slot, if I show up 5:30 or 5:45 am I going to get turned away?   Is this buffet or are we ordering from a menu and does it change each day? What are the other 'free' options available if I am not ready to eat so early and want to eat later on?  

You can also go to the main dining room as soon as you board the ship and ask if MTD is available and see if you can switch.   If it is, you could also make reservations at that time, or just show up when you choose.   Good luck!

If you do end up with early dining, you can also ask if it's possible to be seated at a table for two, if you choose.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see a disconnect scheduling My Time Dining in Cruise Planner versus Royal App.  Cruise Planner only lets me schedule one night.  I thought by scheduling the first night, I'd be locked in for the rest of the cruise (chose 6PM).  But my wife discovered after we checked-in we could book additional times on the App, and nothing was available until 8:15 PM.  I find the CP versus App scheduling very confusing.  I now wonder how soon the App allows MTD scheduling, and why MTD is even listed in Cruise Planner if you can't book the entire cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there! I have never cruised before but am hoping to do one eventually. I have been watching tons of cruise videos on YT (that is how I found RCB!!) and I have heard it said several times that if you don't want to sit with others you can go to the dining room on embarkation and request that you sit with just the two of you. Never heard of a request being denied either. Hope I have helped you, this is my first ever post in here!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2022 at 10:12 AM, ChessE4 said:

I see a disconnect scheduling My Time Dining in Cruise Planner versus Royal App.  Cruise Planner only lets me schedule one night.  I thought by scheduling the first night, I'd be locked in for the rest of the cruise (chose 6PM).  But my wife discovered after we checked-in we could book additional times on the App, and nothing was available until 8:15 PM.  I find the CP versus App scheduling very confusing.  I now wonder how soon the App allows MTD scheduling, and why MTD is even listed in Cruise Planner if you can't book the entire cruise.

Update, for a subsequent cruise I was able to use Cruise Planner to schedule MTD on multiple days by exiting checkout after each reservation (saving cart and logging out) and then re-entering for a new reservation.  So my 8N cruise required 8 separate Cruise Planner reservations in sequence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Update, for a subsequent cruise I was able to use Cruise Planner to schedule MTD on multiple days by exiting checkout after each reservation (saving cart and logging out) and then re-entering for a new reservation.  So my 8N cruise required 8 separate Cruise Planner reservations in sequence.

That's how it has always been for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 4/29/2022 at 9:58 AM, jaedam0820 said:

So I had no idea about the importance of making reservations at the MDR so the earliest I was able to book is 7pm for our dinners. Can we try to go at an earlier time before our reservation? What is the best time to go if it is possible? I have a 3yr old and we normally have our dinners at 5:30-6pm at home. Will there be a penalty if we go for an earlier dinner time and cancel our reservation?

My Time Dining currently doesn’t open before 6:45.  You can ask your Travel Agent or call Royal if you booked direct, to switch you to fixed dining, the 5:30 seating.  7pm is quite late for dinner with a 3 year old!  Have a great cruise!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to schedule all 7 nights of MTD for 3 linked reservations without the former PITA of going all the way through check out for each night.  Placed it in the cart & checked out once.  Don’t know how or why but it was much easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...