Wrong Room Locator on Luggage Tag

PG Cruiser

18 minutes ago, CrznTxn said:

We have had luggage tags with the wrong patch location on it and the luggage still came to the room. The crew looks at the deck number and room number. The colored patch is a help but it will find its way home.

Some crew members are not very diligent with luggage delivery.  It's happened to me once or twice where I've had to locate my luggage at the far end of the hallway.

53 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

My room is on the Starboard Aft side on the Wonder.  I think I have the wrong info on my luggage tag.  I hope my luggage isn't brought to the Port side.

156268199_ScreenShot2022-02-02at9_28_55AM.thumb.png.1011968552df259e64516d77ba58a3f0.png

A few times now, even with the tag being 100% correct, we’ve walked the halls and found our luggage FAR from our room.  Even on the CL floor, we’ve found them on the opposite side of the ship from the side our room was on.

Had a similar issue with our tags on our October cruise on Odyssey. Room number was correct, but location was completely off. Asked the porters about it when we arrived at the terminal and they were insistent that the shaded area was correct and it 100% was not (just like the OP's scenario). The luggage still arrived at our room, no problem though!

13 minutes ago, KJones said:

@PG CruiserI have no idea, I didn't realize the tags were editable

I will just leave them as is.  I saw another guest's luggage tags in a Facebook group.  Their room was on the same side as mine and yet their tags were identical to mine.  I hope the Royal IT are not having issues with dyslexia.

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I will just leave them as is.  I saw another guest's luggage tags in a Facebook group.  Their room was on the same side as mine and yet their tags were identical to mine.  I hope the Royal IT are not having issues with dyslexia.

Do the cruise docs describe the tags as showing the cabin location?  It's possible the graphic actually shows the location your luggage should be taken on a lower crew-only deck during the boarding process.

19 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Do the cruise docs describe the tags as showing the cabin location?  It's possible the graphic actually shows the location your luggage should be taken on a lower crew-only deck during the boarding process.

In all my Royal cruises, the marked section always matched the location of my room.  

IMG_2255.thumb.jpg.2f54b09cc50638f5b8d5d1c15b16fce9.jpg

1 hour ago, Toby said:

I tried to get one and was told they only handed them out to the ladies

They throw them into the crowd and anyone is welcome to get them.   As for me, by the time the 70s Party is held, I'd have befriended the CD's Team and with one wave of my hand, I'd get one. ha ha