Check in together or individually?

Bee-rad

So here is our scenario...Family of four with two staterooms.  One adult and one minor in each room.  Reservations are linked.  I haven't used the app before to check in but I have read up on what is required.  I have downloaded it and familiarized myself it as well as connected it to my reservation number.  My question is do I just go ahead and check us all in on my app or does each family member do their own?  I know photos are required so I would think they would upload to their own accounts?  Just a little confused as how we transition from one app (mine) and then to the whole family having their own accounts once we are onboard for chatting and other things.  Anyone who's done this before with some advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

19 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

Teenage boys, DH, and in-laws have theirs own logins and apps. I added in-laws’ reservation to my app and I checked everyone in (2 rooms). Don’t bother with photos - none of ours were acceptable anyway.  

Ok cool...any tips on how to add second reservation to my app?

When you are on the same reservation you can check both people in and do not have to do it individually. My wife checks us in and I usually go on the website and add the photos, copy the documentation onto my computer and a USB stick (i am overboard on this) and print all the documentation as I run the main computer and she rules the tablet and cell phone app.

When we travel (4 adults in 2 cabins), I reserve online like that (how many cabins, 2, how many in each cabin, 2) and the reservations are automatically linked. In my app, for my August cruise, I have 2 listings for the 9 night eastern caribbean -- one with my name & my husband's, one with my daughters' names. Each cabin has a reservation #. Now, I haven't checked in using the app yet, but I imagine that if both reservations are listed, both can be checked in together.  

If they're not linked, ask your TA to do it (if you used one), or call Royal

2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

When we travel (4 adults in 2 cabins), I reserve online like that (how many cabins, 2, how many in each cabin, 2) and the reservations are automatically linked. In my app, for my August cruise, I have 2 listings for the 9 night eastern caribbean -- one with my name & my husband's, one with my daughters' names. Each cabin has a reservation #. Now, I haven't checked in using the app yet, but I imagine that if both reservations are listed, both can be checked in together.  

If they're not linked, ask your TA to do it (if you used one), or call Royal

Thank you!

7 hours ago, Bee-rad said:

Ok cool...any tips on how to add second reservation to my app?

Sign into your cruise planner.   Scroll all the way to the bottom. You’ll see Have a reservation?  Add your travel party’s reservations.  Click the blue button that says Add a cruise.  You’ll need reservation number and birth date. 

96DB7585-3680-45A4-A8C3-182F89C723B5.jpeg

Edited by Jkaczano
Added photo.

Update:  My confusion has been alleviated.  I checked in today and low and behold both cabins and all four of us were available to check in when I went to check myself in.  Previously, only my cabin was showing which is why I was confused on how to check in the rest of my family.  All good and super easy!

Now about that Covid test on Christmas eve 😐

• 4 months later...

Hello, I think I have the same issue. 2 reservations but only 1 shows up in App. Second reservation are under the kids’ names, both are minor. Is that because check in is not open yet, that it won’t show up both until then? When I log in via web, both reservations show up. But not in the App, which seems to be crucial to use for the check in and so many other things. Please advise. Thank you.

Edited by Shinta
Fix

9 hours ago, Shinta said:

Hello, I think I have the same issue. 2 reservations but only 1 shows up in App. Second reservation are under the kids’ names, both are minor. Is that because check in is not open yet, that it won’t show up both until then? When I log in via web, both reservations show up. But not in the App, which seems to be crucial to use for the check in and so many other things. Please advise. Thank you.

Can you click on “link a missing reservation” in the app or is that only on the web?

you can still do check in on the web….whatever you cannot upload there can be shown at the pier (and you’ll need it anyway)…it just saves some time at the pier if you did it ahead of time. 

On 11/9/2021 at 11:02 AM, Bee-rad said:

So here is our scenario...Family of four with two staterooms.  One adult and one minor in each room.  Reservations are linked.  I haven't used the app before to check in but I have read up on what is required.  I have downloaded it and familiarized myself it as well as connected it to my reservation number.  My question is do I just go ahead and check us all in on my app or does each family member do their own?  I know photos are required so I would think they would upload to their own accounts?  Just a little confused as how we transition from one app (mine) and then to the whole family having their own accounts once we are onboard for chatting and other things.  Anyone who's done this before with some advice would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Here’s a tip:  As soon as checkin opens ……. One of you go into your app checkin area and grab checkin times for everybody in both of the linked rooms ……. In the app checkin area you can just scroll thru each person to get each one a checkin time without doing anything else of the checkin …….. then you can come back later for the rest but you have you preferred checkin time locked in ………. This can only be don’t in the app, online you’d need to complete the rest of the checkin info to get to a time selection.

• 1 year later...

So I have a group of 8 family members boarding in New Jersey. We all have different check-in times at the port because couldn't get same times with the glitchy app but traveling together. If we're linked on app can we all check-in anyways 

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, T.Ray said:

4 guest, 2 cabins

We have separate check in times but our reservations are linked. Will RC allow us to check in together? My husband's app would not load and I was the only one who got a noon check in time. (his is 1:30pm)

If you are in the same room, you can board together at the earliest time. If you aren't you are at the mercy of the port crew. Noon and 1:30 are farther apart so if you get crew that are enforcing the times, it doesn't matter if the cabins are linked unless minors are involved.