Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

I used Air2Sea for the first time


Recommended Posts

The worst part I've found about Air2Sea so far is that if the airline changes your flight, Air2Sea doesn't tell you.  It was thanks to a tip from this board to check my flights and sure enough they changed.  I changed them again to get back to the schedule I wanted, that much was fine and the Air2Sea reps were very helpful. But Air2Sea's website still shows my very original itinerary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Scoular, after you get to the main page, you’ll have a big region on the left for searching flights with a booking number. But there’s a tab at the top of that block you can click to just get sample quotes. Click on that, then enter the cruise line, ship, month/year, and departure date. That’ll let you find the available options without being able to actually book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/16/2021 at 8:13 PM, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

I was not able to pick seats... I'll ask Sharla for help. On Monday. I don't have to bother her with this on a Friday night!! It's a December flight, there is no hurry.

Sharla (MEI) took care of it! I did not pester her until yesterday afternoon, this morning it was all done. Like magic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2021 at 3:03 PM, smokeybandit said:

In this case it was American, in which I haven't gotten flight changes for non-A2S reservations in the past either.

I've an AA-loyal frequent flier and have been since 2007ish. AA emails me 100% of the time with schedule changes. Heck, they even email me if a flight number changes but the times stay the same (which always results in a slight head scratch until I realize that AA1234 has become AA4321 but everything else remains the same). I am wondering if there's some setting in your AA profile or email that's keeping them from being sent or being delivered? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thanks to all, we booked Air2Sea and got about $200 per person off vs expedia and airline site plus some protection/assurance of arrival included for our August Adventure of the seas out of Nassau. I can happily say it's not the super saver fare, but the main cabin and you can pick your seats, super convenient. I still can't pay to upgrade to preferred or main cabin extra as my reservation still shows pending on AA but it's only been 24 hours since I booked. Anyways thanks to the posters for the tips. Last year we had a European cruise cancelled, we bought the flight and the cruise insurance, not only were they worthless and didn't pay, we didn't even get the insurance ( sold by MSC and UAL) refunded when the cruise and airline gave us refunds independent of the insurance. They wouldn't even take our calls. Maybe these rates are just for these initial cruises but Air2Sea may have gotten me as a customer for life. I get an actual person in 3 minutes to answer my questions and I pay less than websites? What is not to love? TA couldn't have been more sweet, price was unbeatable and I'm happy. That is the art of customer service!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I was wanting to search on my own for flights before calling Air2Sea. I don't see the website to do this. I did stumble onto one Cruising Power website but you have to create an account.  So when I went to create an account you had to be a travel agent to do so. Is this the site? If not please forward link to site.

Thank You!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Ellen Gesell said:

I was wanting to search on my own for flights before calling Air2Sea. I don't see the website to do this. I did stumble onto one Cruising Power website but you have to create an account.  So when I went to create an account you had to be a travel agent to do so. Is this the site? If not please forward link to site.

Thank You!

http://www.choiceair.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I'm taking a moment to share my (ongoing) experience with Flights by Celebrity,  which is really the same service.

On my flight home from Celebrity millennium, the flight from Miami was cancelled. American airlines hasn't been real helpful. They insisted the best we can hope for is a flight on Monday. They offered hotels,  but said there are none available. 

I  booked the flight through Flights by Celebrity. So, I called there emergency service at 1am last night.

Lisa picked up the phone and tried her best. She got us a hotel at Celebrity's expense. She also got us on the standby list for 8:30 today. Fingers crossed that we will make it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, steverk said:

I'm taking a moment to share my (ongoing) experience with Flights by Celebrity,  which is really the same service.

On my flight home from Celebrity millennium, the flight from Miami was cancelled. American airlines hasn't been real helpful. They insisted the best we can hope for is a flight on Monday. They offered hotels,  but said there are none available. 

I  booked the flight through Flights by Celebrity. So, I called there emergency service at 1am last night.

Lisa picked up the phone and tried her best. She got us a hotel at Celebrity's expense. She also got us on the standby list for 8:30 today. Fingers crossed that we will make it

This is why we’ll be using Air2Sea for our Alaska and Holy Land/Greece cruises in 2022

We used Southwest out of Orlando to San Juan 2 years ago and it was great but Alaska and Italy are big ticket/bucket list trips and I’m not risking it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 8:31 AM, smokeybandit said:

Is the Air2Sea website dead for anyone else?

I have had issues with it, but last week I was able to book a flight for Mar '22 (after several interrupted attempts).    Sometimes the link to connect would not be available, or if available, allow for viewing of flight, but issues selecting.  Could always call the number, but I prefer shopping flights myself and not have a person trying to create a route for me.   

It may be a loading issue when too many are trying to access at a given time.  I also found difficulty finding direct offerings when shopping when flights first open up for sale.   I know the direct offerings exist because I always check on the airlines website at the same time to verify flights, times and compare cost.   Seems some of the better flights (shortest duration) are withheld until closer to the cruise, then the prices become elevated.   Direct flights are a must for us even though we travel the day before the cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Baked Alaska said:

If we end up dropping one passenger off the cruise and we've reserved the flight for them, how does that work?

Probably worth a phone a call to A2S but I would assume it depends on timing.  Prior to final payment you can probably drop a guest without airline associated fees.  After final payment and as you get closer there may be airline associated fees which are typically $200 per person IME.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ConstantCruiser said:

Probably worth a phone a call to A2S but I would assume it depends on timing.  Prior to final payment you can probably drop a guest without airline associated fees.  After final payment and as you get closer there may be airline associated fees which are typically $200 per person IME.

And note there may be two sets of fees for something like this - one for the travel agency, and one for the airline. It would all be in the fine print when booked or reserved. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...