Royal Caribbean Blog

Odyssey of the Seas to sail from Haifa, Israel starting in May 2021

19 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

@Traveler, will you be on the inagural cruise now, and do one of your great blogs for us??

We are  aiming for the 5 nights at the 18-June with Rhodes , Athens, Mikonos  stops  ,  so not the "real" inaugural but the first cruise with ports , for sure I will blog here  .  Already left our names with the local travel agent for the pre booking list . Once I will see the price maybe we will take another one earlier. 

Finally no need to fly for a cruise , only one hour drive 🙂 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently we're the only ones affected who are happy with the decision 🙃 Our September 19th (Holy Land) cruise has been cancelled, but that gave us the opportunity for a lift & shift to October 7

I had about an hour of bliss. I'm an Israeli citizen, but it turns out it's only open to Israelis living in Israel right now.

Reservations  were open today ,  They only sell balconies and up , inside and OV are blocked .

Posted Images

While disappointing for any guests who lost a cruise from Rome the positive aspect is that any opportunity for Royal to get a ship sailing with guests is good for all of us.

Royal is able to fine tune and adapt protocols in partnership with a different government.  Lessons learned from Singapore will be augmented with lesson learned in a different region with different requirements coming from a different government.  This knowledge will help Royal when it comes time to restart cruising in the next region.  Lessons from there will augment lesson from Israel and Singapore and so on.

Every new ship sailing with guests anywhere brings us all closer to a restart closer to home and further proof to public health agencies like the CDC that cruising can be accomplished safely.

36 minutes ago, Traveler said:

We are  aiming for the 5 nights at the 18-June with Rhodes , Athens, Mikonos  stops  ,  so not the "real" inaugural but the first cruise with ports , for sure I will blog here  .  Already left our names with the local travel agent for the pre booking list . Once I will see the price maybe we will take another one earlier. 

Finally no need to fly for a cruise , only one hour drive 🙂 

Perhaps you could use the savings from no flights to book a Star Class room?  Curious minds really want to see those rooms. lol

Apparently we're the only ones affected who are happy with the decision 🙃 Our September 19th (Holy Land) cruise has been cancelled, but that gave us the opportunity for a lift & shift to October 7th 2022 with a waaay better itinerary. Keeping our old price is amazing as we've just saved about 1900 euros (2300 $) - that's UBP, UDP and  a few shore excursions 😍

6 hours ago, Marlena said:

I'm interested to see what health policies / procedures they will do on a fully vaccinated ship...

I bet the full gamut of them initially... Interested to see how they (and we) respond to the inevitability of cases in board. Hopefully without hysteria.

Apparently my cruise 7th September Holy Land has also been cancelled. I haven't heard anyting from Royal or my TA. But I saw it in Cruiseplanner. Very disappointed.

Does anybody know : I had only paid the $900 deposit. I will be lifting and shifting to October 2022 and I read you then get 125% to compensate. Will I get that over the full fare or just the $900 ?

6 minutes ago, Marga said:

Apparently my cruise 7th September Holy Land has also been cancelled. I haven't heard anyting from Royal or my TA. But I saw it in Cruiseplanner. Very disappointed.

Does anybody know : I had only paid the $900 deposit. I will be lifting and shifting to October 2022 and I read you then get 125% to compensate. Will I get that over the full fare or just the $900 ?

It's based on the amount you have currently paid rather than total cost of the cruise (I believe)

1 hour ago, Marga said:

So it would make sense to quickly pay the rest of the amount? I pay directly to my TA and officially i don't know anything about a cancellation yet 

You could try paying in full but I doubt that would work.  I suspect that Royal would decline accepting payment on a cruise that has been cancelled. If you choose the 125% FCC, it will be based on the value of your deposit. 

6 hours ago, Marga said:

If you do Lift & Shift, you won't get any FCC (neither for the cruise price paid nor for your cruise planner purchases). You'll keep your original cruise price and get 100$ OBC for the cruise you shift to. The October Holy Land cruises are quite expensive at the moment, so if you booked for a favorable price, Lift & Shift should be the best option. 

If you're looking at the October cruises, you couldn't use your FCC for them anyway as the rules state that the FCC is only good until September 30th, 2022 sail dates.

3 hours ago, Marga said:

Thank you for the help. Our TA is lifting our cruise to October 7th as we speak (fingers crossed). We had a really low price so glad of this opportunity. 

That was our choice too. See you on Odyssey 😀

12 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Meanwhile...Canada went from  2.69 to 3.8%....its painful

Pain before gain. 😉

I'll admit, it has most definitely been painful to watch through January and February but it is looking brighter by the day.  News just out about an hour ago, Canada is expecting about 1 million doses this week and another 900K or so next week.  Way better than the past two months.