Royal Caribbean Blog

Star Struck...Star Class on Allure 1/12/20

@MamaShark the RLS decor seems very different in the YouTube videos from Harmony to Allure. So I am excited as well to be able to compare them. I will take a lot of photos.

We still haven’t heard back if they will have the Crown Peach brought onboard but if we are lucky enough they do, I know my dad and FIL will be so happy. Luciano emailed us yesterday with the standard port arrival information. Counting down the hours at this point 😂

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cococay was so much fun. We just got back onboard for the day. We took lexi to the waterpark and got a cabana there, she loved it we stayed a little over 3 hours. The wave pool was her favorite but I

Spending most of our day on our balcony!! Just a peaceful day. 

Thank you all!   So we met Luciano! He is super nice and helpful. He took us straight to our room. Lexi had to be the first on and she couldn’t wait to hang out with him.  Big differenc

Posted Images

1 hour ago, amanuel2992 said:

the RLS decor seems very different in the YouTube videos from Harmony to Allure.

Agree.  Not just the RLS but all cabin decor in general.  I personally prefer the decor of HM and SY over OA and AL.  That's why I was disappointed to see that they did not redo them when the amped Oasis.

Whew finally all packed! I did pretty good, only two suitcases and two carry on’s. Lexi’s suitcase is about the size of ours and it’s just her stuff 🤣 she is definitely the best dressed! We fly out tomorrow around lunch time. We plan to get to the hotel then order food and watch the playoff games. Trying desperately to keep myself busy so time will pass, I cannot wait to get onboard! Still no update on the special liquor request btw.

C6AD1B6F-A7C3-491F-B305-87E46F5E605A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, amanuel2992 said:

Hopefully they will, I can’t remember how long most contracts are maybe 8-9 months?

Nope.  Way shorter.  Genie contracts are typically 5 months and sometimes they get extended to 6 moths.  Only under extenuating circumstances do they go past that.  

Our weather here is not much better today.  I am even more jealous now!!

Safe travels!

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Nope.  Way shorter.  Genie contracts are typically 5 months and sometimes they get extended to 6 moths.  Only under extenuating circumstances do they go past that.  

Our weather here is not much better today.  I am even more jealous now!!

Safe travels!

Thank you soo good to know. Then do they get like 2 months home? I find their jobs so fascinating. 

We are here and it’s a lot better  weather here! Update on the bottle request, they can get it onboard but it would be a $220 cost to us soo that was a pass.

6BD270CF-435C-45FE-BF93-81E53A6D0E2C.jpeg

2 hours ago, amanuel2992 said:

We are here and it’s a lot better  weather here! Update on the bottle request, they can get it onboard but it would be a $220 cost to us soo that was a pass.

Delighted to hear that you made it !  Good luck getting any sleep tonite.

Your experience with the liquor in the cabin is the same as our friends experienced a few years ago - after many denials, they finally agreed, but at an outrageous price.  I find it an interesting policy since you can drink anything on the ship in as great a quantity as you desire, but they refuse to allow a bottle of liquor in your suite.  Perhaps they fear that people will request many bottles of liquor and it will go to waste...

3 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Delighted to hear that you made it !  Good luck getting any sleep tonite.

Your experience with the liquor in the cabin is the same as our friends experienced a few years ago - after many denials, they finally agreed, but at an outrageous price.  I find it an interesting policy since you can drink anything on the ship in as great a quantity as you desire, but they refuse to allow a bottle of liquor in your suite.  Perhaps they fear that people will request many bottles of liquor and it will go to waste...

I just don’t understand the extremely high price I could see double or maybe even triple but $220 for a $30 bottle worst case is just crazy and we couldn’t even keep it in our room. So no crown peach this week, but that is okay! We plan to head over around 10am. Im going to try to sleep, because I know I’ll be going everywhere tomorrow but I’m just so excited! I feel like a kid again. 😁

Thank you all!

So we met Luciano! He is super nice and helpful. He took us straight to our room. Lexi had to be the first on and she couldn’t wait to hang out with him. 

Big difference we noticed between the RLS on Harmony and Allure.... the carpet downstairs. However the room is so nice and clean. 

I will post photos of my in laws owners Pan in just a bit. 

lexi is already in the hot tub playing and we are waiting on lunch. 

A6193BE2-E19A-4834-B837-416AAB9DD9FE.jpeg

C9B145A6-A6CD-44BF-96BE-5824443798EF.jpeg

03F56139-8A5B-4F4D-9E43-53A34C86C3C6.jpeg

29218C98-ACB1-4D2E-A6BA-DAA758AE4FCB.jpeg

B81698DD-524B-4D6D-A9FC-9A0943137726.jpeg

DA43F38B-ACF1-462A-AE40-270A1B0FADD0.jpeg

37B01762-2E7E-4A4B-9783-5DD77FFF73BB.jpeg

5638DFB0-67E2-443E-B50F-5C02D0FF7E60.jpeg

613009FD-3A6F-4C79-B5E2-15A917EBCE9D.jpeg

BA94EDB3-CAAC-491F-A3CF-53BFE2CE34DC.jpeg

1A049098-0700-4A15-8D68-61F676B811E4.jpeg

image.jpg

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Random question....actual books on the bookshelf by the piano?

Yes they are!!!! And it’s a huge selection! 

We had a huge spread sent for lunch, we had Sabor chips and guac/ salsa, burgers, fries, onion rings and part of the seafood tower brought to the room. That was really nice. We  finished  the muster then we hit the champagne bar for some martinis now we are on the deck waiting for sail away!

2F292026-978F-4117-8BB5-58AB828D93EF.jpeg

BA535379-92CB-42BD-90D9-072E652B3C2D.jpeg

4F2EB42D-336A-43CA-82B1-F2B351E98E04.jpeg

A844D070-F8DF-4D11-96AE-B31D75CF3EDE.jpeg