Jump to content
Donna Legacy

Hotel and Parking- Cape Liberty

Recommended Posts

We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty on Sunday and will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island. Cruise package includes parking and shuttle to and from port. Our cruise is 12 nights and the package is substantially less than parking at the port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DebiGale said:

We will be sailing out of Cape Liberty on Sunday and will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Staten Island. Cruise package includes parking and shuttle to and from port. Our cruise is 12 nights and the package is substantially less than parking at the port.

So if I understand correctly, this hotel offers a cruise package whereby we could stay there the night before our cruise, get a shuttle to and from the cruise port and leave our vehicles there while we are on the cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2019 at 8:22 PM, bytheslice said:

Springhill Suites in Newark is another hotel with a sleep/cruise/shuttle package. The parking is gated. More convenient than driving to Staten Island and avoids the bridge toll.

I will check out Springhill Suites for our October cruise.  We are flying in though.  Do they have an airport shuttle too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, whitsmom said:

I will check out Springhill Suites for our October cruise.  We are flying in though.  Do they have an airport shuttle too?

A quick Google search revels there is an airport shuttle. Use Airtrain(monorail) to station P4 to meet/board the shuttle. No restaurant at the hotel, besides delivery or Uber, the only choice would be to walk to the Courtyard for their restaurant. The Doubletree at Newark Penn Station also has a shuttle with more options for eating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bytheslice said:

A quick Google search revels there is an airport shuttle. Use Airtrain(monorail) to station P4 to meet/board the shuttle. No restaurant at the hotel, besides delivery or Uber, the only choice would be to walk to the Courtyard for their restaurant. The Doubletree at Newark Penn Station also has a shuttle with more options for eating. 

Oh Wow!  Thanks for the information.  I will look more closely at this now.  We land at 7:30 pm so we will be ready for dinner when we finally get to our hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any other recommendations for hotel & parking for Cape Liberty?  We are driving down from Massachusetts.  We lived in NY for a long time butt on Long Island and Westchester so don't know the Newark area quite as well.  I guess we would prefer a hotel that has at least breakfast, and a parking /shuttle solution would be ideal.  I'll keep searching through older posts too, but thought it might be worth bumping this thread back up the message board 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Donna Legacy said:

We ended up booking at the Marriott Springhill Suites which has free breakfast and you can pay to leave your vehicle there during the cruise. They do not have a shuttle to the cruise port though 

That is surprising, you must have booked directly with the hotel. Just checked the park/sleep/cruise site offering the package at Springhill Suites and still listed is free 24 hour round trip airport shuttle service, free round trip Cape Liberty town car service for 2 people and 14 days of free fenced in/gated parking is all included along with the free breakfast and a suite room for 1 night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, FoxboroCruiser said:

Any other recommendations for hotel & parking for Cape Liberty?  We are driving down from Massachusetts.  We lived in NY for a long time butt on Long Island and Westchester so don't know the Newark area quite as well.  I guess we would prefer a hotel that has at least breakfast, and a parking /shuttle solution would be ideal.  I'll keep searching through older posts too, but thought it might be worth bumping this thread back up the message board 😉 

If you are driving down from Foxboro you are really looking at a 3.5 hour drive straight through. We drive from just north of boston, have done this trip many many times on the day the ship leaves, parked at the super convenient garage directly next to the port and have never had any problems. We, of course, watch the weather and such up to the point of departure and if there looks to be a storm then we could easily drive down the day/night before and stay in a hotel if needed. Obviously I am not sure what your reasons for wanting to travel the day before are, many here will tell you they never travel same day, but it is such a short drive you can really save on the money you will spend on the hotel with the 100% convenience of driving yourself, parking at the port and not worrying about a Lyft/Uber or shuttle where you have to schlep luggage around. Leaving the ship is even easier because you are not waiting for a ride and if you walk off the ship you can be home in Foxboro by 10:30 AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 10:47 AM, FoxboroCruiser said:

Any other recommendations for hotel & parking for Cape Liberty?

Look into https://www.trinityreservations.com/ for park & cruise packages with free shuttles to/from the port.  

We can get to Cape Liberty in about 3 hours but have been stuck in traffic on 95 (as well as alternate roads) at all hours of the day and night and don't want to deal with that on the way to a cruise.  I would rather chill at a hotel closer to the port the night before and take a shuttle at a price close to the cost of parking at the port.

If you see the Ramada in Newark offered, it ticks all the boxes we look for.  Nice property, secure parking, free shuttle, restaurant on site offers good food at reasonable prices.  There are other properties in the area that would work as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 2:03 PM, ptod said:

Look into https://www.trinityreservations.com/ for park & cruise packages with free shuttles to/from the port.  

We can get to Cape Liberty in about 3 hours but have been stuck in traffic on 95 (as well as alternate roads) at all hours of the day and night and don't want to deal with that on the way to a cruise.  I would rather chill at a hotel closer to the port the night before and take a shuttle at a price close to the cost of parking at the port.

If you see the Ramada in Newark offered, it ticks all the boxes we look for.  Nice property, secure parking, free shuttle, restaurant on site offers good food at reasonable prices.  There are other properties in the area that would work as well. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply! This is really helpful info, much appreciated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2019 at 8:04 AM, whenismynextcruise said:

If you are driving down from Foxboro you are really looking at a 3.5 hour drive straight through. We drive from just north of boston, have done this trip many many times on the day the ship leaves, parked at the super convenient garage directly next to the port and have never had any problems. We, of course, watch the weather and such up to the point of departure and if there looks to be a storm then we could easily drive down the day/night before and stay in a hotel if needed. Obviously I am not sure what your reasons for wanting to travel the day before are, many here will tell you they never travel same day, but it is such a short drive you can really save on the money you will spend on the hotel with the 100% convenience of driving yourself, parking at the port and not worrying about a Lyft/Uber or shuttle where you have to schlep luggage around. Leaving the ship is even easier because you are not waiting for a ride and if you walk off the ship you can be home in Foxboro by 10:30 AM.

We travel to NY a lot, wife’s family is on Long Island. At least 2-3 times a year.   We lived there for 5 years before Westchester for 3 and finally home to MA 15 years ago.  The drive is hit or miss.  Christmas Day we made it in just over three on the way down, but it took over 4 on the way back. 

I guess we thought the whole vacation might seem less stressful and a little longer if we got to NJ the day before, but we’ll have to consider the savings of not spending the night as well.  We’d need two rooms...

thanks so much for the reply!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 9:17 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

I guess we thought the whole vacation might seem less stressful and a little longer if we got to NJ the day before, but we’ll have to consider the savings of not spending the night as well.  We’d need two rooms...

 

 

 

 

We live in Worcester, MA and we drive down the day before for the same reason we fly down to Florida the day before - to avoid the stress of something coming up that is completely out of our control - traffic, weather, construction, etc etc etc.   We also like to get on the ship right at 10:30 am, which would mean waking everyone up by 4:00 am for the drive (again to factor in several additional hours just to be safe).  Yes, it's an added cost, but one that helps me feel a whole lot more relaxed at the start of my vacation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/31/2019 at 9:17 PM, FoxboroCruiser said:

We travel to NY a lot, wife’s family is on Long Island. At least 2-3 times a year.   We lived there for 5 years before Westchester for 3 and finally home to MA 15 years ago.  The drive is hit or miss.  Christmas Day we made it in just over three on the way down, but it took over 4 on the way back. 

I guess we thought the whole vacation might seem less stressful and a little longer if we got to NJ the day before, but we’ll have to consider the savings of not spending the night as well.  We’d need two rooms...

We live in between Providence and Worcester.  We stayed in NJ once for a Cape Liberty cruise but only because we had a big group.  It worked out OK, but I really like parking on the pier for Manhattan terminal cruises and in the garage for Cape Liberty cruises.  We do walk off departure and can usually get home before noon time.  Sometimes a bit later if we drive through RI to pick up our dogs who stay near Oakland Beach.  I know that for longer cruises the stay and park packages can be cheaper, but for us we pay the extra to get home quicker as well as be able to leave the day of.

There is a bus that travels from Worcester to Cape Liberty which some of our neighbors took for a Breakaway cruise a few years back.  But there are so many stops on that bus that they got back home around midnight!  They hated it.  No way for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zeashore said:

Following;  we have always flown down to Florida but with airfares 'taking off' (haha) we are seriously considering Cape Liberty from Cape Cod.

We flew everywhere for cruises until trying the Anthem out of Cape Liberty.  Soooo much easier.  Itineraries (heading south) are not as exciting but having a 3ish hour drive home instead of a day of flying was quite nice.  It is an easy port to try different ships as the fleet is moved around.  I just have to remember that prices out of Cape Liberty can be the same as price of cruise/flight out of FL so we still keep FL in the rotation.  We are adding Baltimore to the mix in 9 days.  Guess we should try a cruise out of Boston soon too. hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, darketower said:

We live in Worcester, MA and we drive down the day before for the same reason we fly down to Florida the day before - to avoid the stress of something coming up that is completely out of our control - traffic, weather, construction, etc etc etc.   We also like to get on the ship right at 10:30 am, which would mean waking everyone up by 4:00 am for the drive (again to factor in several additional hours just to be safe).  Yes, it's an added cost, but one that helps me feel a whole lot more relaxed at the start of my vacation. 

Thanks for the reply!  Our youngest son goes to Worcester State 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ptod said:

We flew everywhere for cruises until trying the Anthem out of Cape Liberty.  Soooo much easier.  Itineraries (heading south) are not as exciting but having a 3ish hour drive home instead of a day of flying was quite nice.  It is an easy port to try different ships as the fleet is moved around.  I just have to remember that prices out of Cape Liberty can be the same as price of cruise/flight out of FL so we still keep FL in the rotation.  We are adding Baltimore to the mix in 9 days.  Guess we should try a cruise out of Boston soon too. hahaha

We have taken a Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore and arrived via Amtrak.  I don't think their port can accommodate the larger ships. …. We were on Grandeur. AND the weather was cold for three days out and the last three days of the cruise.  (it was a February cruise) We probably won't be doing that again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mrs. RoyalMoyal said:

We like Embassy Suites. I do not use the shuttle, though, I park at the pier. It saves a ton of time on the way home, it is convenient, and it is a covered parking ramp/garage. 

Hi Mrs. RoyalMoyal,

May I ask what town the Embassy Suites is in?

TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...