Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Cup given out for Beverage/Soda Package


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that in today's day and age, cups need to be dishwasher safe or I don't buy it. Unfortunately too many RC coffee mugs I've bought suffer from not holding up well to the dishwasher, and frankly

As the saying goes, they don't make things like they use to!

Frankly, I found it too annoying to carry around so never lost it. I just drank alcohol instead.¬†ūüėé

6 minutes ago, 12thman said:

These cups are just for the freestyle machines correct? If I go to a bar and ask for soda they don't need that cup right?

That's correct.  If you have a beverage package that includes soda you can go to any bar and get a plastic cup from a fountain machine.  If you have the deluxe beverage package you can get a can of soda.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

That's correct.  If you have a beverage package that includes soda you can go to any bar and get a plastic cup from a fountain machine.  If you have the deluxe beverage package you can get a can of soda.

I got the refreshment package, I don't drink. They're not going to give me a can of soda? Just a plastic cup? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 12thman said:

I got the refreshment package, I don't drink. They're not going to give me a can of soda? Just a plastic cup? 

You get the package cup to use at the FreeStyle self-serve machines.  Those machines won't dispense anything but water without using the special cups.

At the bars they will pour over ice out of a can, 2-liter or gun..whichever they happen to be using.  You can ask for the can and sometimes they will give it to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You get the package cup to use at the FreeStyle self-serve machines.  Those machines won't dispense anything but water without using the special cups.

At the bars they will pour over ice out of a can, 2-liter or gun..whichever they happen to be using.  You can ask for the can and sometimes they will give it to you.

Thanks! Makes sense now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@12thman

The thing about the freestyle machine besides it being self serve is if you want diet gingerale lime flavoring they have it there.  Just like you can get coke vanilla or Powerade, Minute Maid, etc.    Beverages you won't be able to get at the bar.  Hence, you will probably walk around with the cup.  If you are fine with just diet coke or coke, than you don't need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For clarification....only paying full price or purchasing the deluxe beverage package allows you to get a canned soda.  The soda package and the refreshment package do not include canned soda.  HOWEVER, as Ashley said,  they will serve you whatever they have handy.  If they have a fountain hose, you will get a fountain drink; if they have a can sitting there, they will give you a can if you ask for it.  Before the cans became included in the DBP sometimes I could persuade them to give me a can but sometimes they simply would not give me a can and I would not be a cappy hamper.  Now, with the cans included in the DBP they no longer deny me the can UNLESS they simply do not have any cans, which can some times be the case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

For clarification....only paying full price or purchasing the deluxe beverage package allows you to get a canned soda.  The soda package and the refreshment package do not include canned soda.  HOWEVER, as Ashley said,  they will serve you whatever they have handy.  If they have a fountain hose, you will get a fountain drink; if they have a can sitting there, they will give you a can if you ask for it.  Before the cans became included in the DBP sometimes I could persuade them to give me a can but sometimes they simply would not give me a can and I would not be a cappy hamper.  Now, with the cans included in the DBP they no longer deny me the can UNLESS they simply do not have any cans, which can some times be the case.

Thanks for the information!! Does this apply to the suite lounge? We're literally a few doors away from the suite lounge on the Allure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 12thman said:

The machines dispense powerade and juice? Even better!!! Rarely drink soda, would if that's all the machine dispensed. 

Yes.  It is just like any Coke freestyle machine you see in certain restaurants.  IE in VA we have 5 Guys and Qdoba, both have the freestyle machine.  I want to say it has Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Seagrams Ginger ale, Diet Ginger Ale, Fanta, Sprite, PowerAde, Minute Maid, plus Dasani water.  And of course there are caffeine free options.  You are able to add in flavoring, such as, lime, cherry, raspberry, and vanilla.  I won't swear if I got them all correct.  However, I know since I drink only diet ginger ale, with flavors, they have that.  My husband likes Powerade when we go to the gym, so I know they have that, and I get the Dasani water flavored.  I had said before that I wouldn't use this new designed cup, but now I realize I have to for when we go to the gym in the a.m. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pima1988 said:

Yes.  It is just like any Coke freestyle machine you see in certain restaurants.  IE in VA we have 5 Guys and Qdoba, both have the freestyle machine.  I want to say it has Coke, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Seagrams Ginger ale, Diet Ginger Ale, Fanta, Sprite, PowerAde, Minute Maid, plus Dasani water.  And of course there are caffeine free options.  You are able to add in flavoring, such as, lime, cherry, raspberry, and vanilla.  I won't swear if I got them all correct.  However, I know since I drink only diet ginger ale, with flavors, they have that.  My husband likes Powerade when we go to the gym, so I know they have that, and I get the Dasani water flavored.  I had said before that I wouldn't use this new designed cup, but now I realize I have to for when we go to the gym in the a.m. 

Thanks for the information. Don't really drink soda so I don't use those machines. Try to avoid bottle bottled water as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 12thman said:

Thanks for the information!! Does this apply to the suite lounge? We're literally a few doors away from the suite lounge on the Allure. 

Suite Lounge will hand over cans.

No purchase or beverage package required. Perk of being a suite guest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

See now this makes me want to cancel both beverage packages. If I have no beverage package what do I get to drink at MDR or specialty restaurants? That's why I bought the refreshment package so I can have something to drink in the MDR or specialty restaurants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 12thman said:

See now this makes me want to cancel both beverage packages. If I have no beverage package what do I get to drink at MDR or specialty restaurants? That's why I bought the refreshment package so I can have something to drink in the MDR or specialty restaurants. 

Without any drink package you can drink water in the MDR or specialty restaurants, or just pay for a soda. 

You could stop by the suite lounge and get a soda then take that with you to dinner.  Refills at dinner would cost.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

13 hours ago, 12thman said:

See now this makes me want to cancel both beverage packages. If I have no beverage package what do I get to drink at MDR or specialty restaurants? That's why I bought the refreshment package so I can have something to drink in the MDR or specialty restaurants. 

Everyone can get regular coffee, tap water, milk, juices (at breakfast) and iced tea for free in the restaurants.  With the package you can get soda, sparkling water, specialty coffee and in the morning fresh-squeezed OJ.

13 hours ago, 12thman said:

If I don't get a beverage package what else can I get in the suite lounge besides soda? Can I get juice, premium coffee, milk etc?

The suite lounge will have a fancy coffee machine that will do espresso-based drinks that you will have 24 hour access to.  Milk and juice may not be out any time other than breakfast, but if someone is in there you can ask and they would likely get it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

 

Everyone can get regular coffee, tap water, milk, juices (at breakfast) and iced tea for free in the restaurants.  With the package you can get soda, sparkling water, specialty coffee and in the morning fresh-squeezed OJ.

The suite lounge will have a fancy coffee machine that will do espresso-based drinks that you will have 24 hour access to.  Milk and juice may not be out any time other than breakfast, but if someone is in there you can ask and they would likely get it.

Thank you for the information!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...