Royal Caribbean Blog

Royal Up Bid

SLJ

• 2 weeks later...

The bid is per person for the entire trip. The bid applies for the first 2 people on the reservation, but everyone on the reservation is upgraded to the new cabin if the bid is successful. For example, if you select a $100 bid in the upgrade tool, your bid total for that room will be $200.

1 minute ago, Cruiser1234 said:

Is the bidding open to everyone? It keeps telling me make sure sail date is within 30 days.. which it’s not yet. I’m in liberty of the seas feb 2020 and don’t want to get my hopes up on bidding if it’s not open to everyone 

My experience has been that even when I am within 30 days, I will get the same message.  I will get folks who disagree, but it is my belief that if you are not invited to participate in RoyalUp, you cannot participate in RoyalUp.

The way they explained it to me was in order to receive a royalup offer you need to have opted in to communications and offers in your account profile. They don't always send royalup  offers for every sailing. If you check for royalup  within 30 days, the option will be in place if it is being offered even if you had not opted in. A final observation, the timing varies. I have received the royalup email was early as 78 days before and late as 58.

Debating doing Royal Up myself.  Going on honeymoon cruise in Feb on Symphony and only reason considering is to get a either a ocean view balcony or JS.  Currently staying in cabin neighborhood balcony cabin 1239.  We chose that room because A) balcony and B) to people watch and see the water show at times from our room.  Would the gamble be worth it?

5 hours ago, mworkman said:

Well we’ve managed to get our standard congratulation rejection email 😂 now we will wait for the second one in 7 days for the next cruise 🤦‍♂️

Awwwww, bummer! I actually had a bid on a GS for my Feb Symphony sailing.  I withdrew it when I realized that our current cabin number matched MrSpeedNoodle's birthday, and, considering last time he went the wrong cabin and tried to get in for several minutes, I thought this was just way too handy to risk giving up.

Just now, WAAAYTOOO said:

Rejection mails usually arrive the night before sailing.

Thanks for the prompt reply. It's what I was expecting. I had been looking at 3rd party booking sites for my sailing on the Brilliance and it looks like all the Junior Suites are booked up. Which is what I bid for.

Just made a bid for my upcoming Anthem cruise.   Never done Royal Up before and this is only my second cruise.   I'm in a solo occupancy balcony cabin, and have put in a bid for a ocean view balcony.   If I get it great, if not I'm still happy with my original room.  My travel agent usually gets my luggage tags printed off for me,  I was just wondering if I don't find out until just before the cruise, while I'm staying over at hotel pre-cruise, will my check in information be ok?   I've already done online check in and If I find out just before I might not have any way of going back online to re print anything at that point.

• 3 weeks later...

Had done a bid in December for our upcoming Feb 15th cruise on Symphony for JS/Owners/GS 1 & 2BD - just got notice today our JS bid was accepted. This is our first cruise and the bid effectively only saved about $1k over booking 1-2 years out, but hey - savings is savings!

Few interesting things.. I was looking about 10 minutes before I got the email to see what suites (if any) were available, and the only one on the RC site was the one I was upgraded to. Surprising! They did have a Star Loft and Aqua Suit still available previously before, but they're now gone too. I'm assuming a few of us did the upgrade shuffle..

29 minutes ago, saytheb said:

Had done a bid in December for our upcoming Feb 15th cruise on Symphony for JS/Owners/GS 1 & 2BD - just got notice today our JS bid was accepted. This is our first cruise and the bid effectively only saved about $1k over booking 1-2 years out, but hey - savings is savings!

Few interesting things.. I was looking about 10 minutes before I got the email to see what suites (if any) were available, and the only one on the RC site was the one I was upgraded to. Surprising! They did have a Star Loft and Aqua Suit still available previously before, but they're now gone too. I'm assuming a few of us did the upgrade shuffle..

Congrats on the upgrade...i've yet to score one...i'm 10 for 10 in the rejection department. 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Va4fam said:

@SpeedNoodles....here's some advice you don't need.   What would it hurt to put in a bid?    Most likely it's rejected, no harm done there.   Or it's accepted and you get a nicer cabin.  #winning

I thought of this too and may do this in a future sailing.  My concern is that for our upcoming sailing my wife and I picked the room and wouldn't want to be in a lower floor etc.  But will be #yoloroyalbid at s future date.