Space for empty suitcases?

Marmaduke

Hi all, looking forward to our first cruise later this year and especially looking forward to no airports and no lugging suitcases for hours!

We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) with a spacious ocean view balcony stateroom on Indy.  I've just had a thought about where our suitcases can be stored once they are unpacked? 

I had dreams of us turning up with a nice big suitcase each (instead of our usual where we Try and squeeze everything into 2) but looking at the pictures of our stateroom online I'm concerned there won't be anywhere in room to store them.

I actually had a situation on my last cruise where my suite case would not fit under the bed.

Don't shoot the messenger for the message, we were in a Star Loft suite on Allure and the bed is a real bed and didn't have enough clearance for our suite cases, so the room has 3 closets so we put the suite cases in the hall closet that wasn't being used.

Just now, tiny260 said:

I actually had a situation on my last cruise where my suite case would not fit under the bed.

Don't shoot the messenger for the message, we were in a Star Loft suite on Allure and the bed is a real bed and didn't have enough clearance for our suite cases, so the room has 3 closets so we put the suite cases in the hall closet that wasn't being used.

At the point that I have a Star Loft Suite, where my luggage fits in the room falls to basically the bottom of my 'this seems important' list. ?

1 minute ago, KLA said:

At the point that I have a Star Loft Suite, where my luggage fits in the room falls to basically the bottom of my 'this seems important' list. ?

First world problems, I get it, I did say don't shoot the messenger.

Positive mental attitude, @KLA you will have a Star Loft Suite someday.

10 minutes ago, KLA said:

When I can finally afford a Star Class Suite I'll book an inside cabin for my luggage.  

3 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

First world problems, I get it, I did say don't shoot the messenger.

No shot's fired, but may I play a tiny instrument for you?  ? 

tiniest_violin.gif

3 hours ago, tiny260 said:

+1 for under the bed. If the size of the suite case allows you can slide them under the bed open and use them as another drawer/storage area, IE., stuff you might not use very often or dirty close hamper.

This a brilliant idea!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR REPLYING...THATS ONE MORE QUESTION OFF MY LIST ?

2 hours ago, KLA said:

2 hours ago, tiny260 said:

Positive mental attitude, @KLA you will have a Star Loft Suite someday.

Most definitely.  You never know.  Keep looking, deals come up...