Royal Caribbean Blog

LIVEish, 8 Days on Adventure (1/5/2019 or 5/1/2018 better yet January 5, 2019)

On 1/5/2019 at 8:57 AM, CGTLH said:

Woohoo! Made it on board. Arriving early dropping off at terminal 29 is somewhat confusing. Check in was smooth other than playing musical chairs. Guess the design of the terminal doesn't allow for an isolated customs path. Heading upstairs we had to walk thru that area. Not too many playing the early arrival game.

For anyone keep track, on board by 10:30.

20190105_103312-567x1008.jpg

Hello,

Did you use the key? If not, do you know about priority checkin for key members? Was there a dedicated area for this?

Thank you

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Toss in a few night time shots of Adventure.  

Think @Matt said it best to me on the Brilliance cruise, "Sea days make boring writing up days." or something along those lines. Today was case and point, so far. This morning was the Suite and P

Filtering the photos out, some night shots of Harmony  

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Tdoner said:

Hello,

Did you use the key? If not, do you know about priority checkin for key members? Was there a dedicated area for this?

Thank you

My case I had Suite check in and boarding group. At the time of this sailing the Key program wasn't available on Adventure.

Just now, Tdoner said:

Could you tell me where the muster drill is on this ship? Outside or inside? I saw a video where they looked to be in a theater or something with chairs.

Thanks!

Majority of the muster stations are located outside. Handful might be in the show lounge on deck 5.

On 1/8/2019 at 9:52 PM, CGTLH said:

Food Tour time!

Booked the very last minute for the Old San Juan Food Tour with Flavors of San Juan (not a ship sponsored tour). Our guides for this journey were Shannon and Fernando. The size of our group for this culinary journey hovered at 8. Meeting point was at POPULAR Bank/Carli's Fine Bistro & Piano between Calle Tizol and Calle San Justo and Calle Recinto Sur at 2:45 pm.

@CGTLH

I really want to do this tour when I am on Adventure in April.  On the cruise planner it looks like this is an option for at least $20/pp.  I can see the same company logo on the tour guides shirts in the description.  So far it is not available to do so on their website.  My wife is apprehensive about going on an excursion that is not through RC, but it appears as though the 2:45/3:00 start time is the sweet spot for ensuring plenty of time to enjoy the tour and get back on the ship with a little bit of independent exploration time on either side of the tour.

After reading this we (or myself at least) are doing this!  🤤😁

@jhatle01

With it being a walking tour I wouldn't be too concerned about missing the ship. If you start feeling pressed for time you can always leave early. If you don't see it offered reach out to them and ask. Possibility that they are sold out  but might be able to squeeze two more in.

Also if you decide to book directly with the company use code flavorsEAT for a discount. It can also be used for the tours offered in St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I've done the St. Maarten one where you are driven around the island. Had a great time on that one and had planned on trying to do the San Juan one the next day. Check out my LIVEish from Harmony in 2018 for the recap.

@CGTLH

9 hours ago, CGTLH said:

@jhatle01

If you don't see it offered reach out to them and ask. Possibility that they are sold out  but might be able to squeeze two more in.

I think the reason I don't see it yet on the Flavors of San Juan site is because it is too far out from my cruise date.  It's only about 1.5 months out on their site and I am just outside of that window.  I have been checking and more dates open up as it closer to the date.

9 hours ago, CGTLH said:

Also if you decide to book directly with the company use code flavorsEAT for a discount.

Thanks for the promo code!  I will be sure to use it if I go that route