Anxiously awaiting damage report (if any) from Labadee after earthquake hits 100 kms to the west on Haiti

grb

Awaiting damage reports and hope that it and the surrounding area obtained little or no damage.  We were supposed to go to Labadee in Oct of 2017 on Eastern Caribbean aboard the Harmony but got changed to a western Caribbean itinerary without Labadee due to hurricane Maria damage at eastern ports.  Booked on a Feb 2019 cruise on Harmony with Labadee again and hope we can make it this time. Fingers crossed.

This will seem as if I am not being serious, but I am - did I miss something or is this a site with a political leaning? @monctonguy made some commentary above that seems to be pretty strongly political with no comment anywhere of it being any problem (and the comment leaves precious little doubt of the “side’ given the ‘fake news’ lingo...). After all, I am quite sure the  24 hour news discussing politics would not be Haiti based (and the one some of us consider fake seems unlikely the target). The ironic part is that his complaint is that politics would somehow get in the way when as far as I can tell he was the one who inserted it squarely into a topic in which it isn’t relevant. I honestly would just like to understand - if this is a site that is cruise info only for right wing folks or at least there is s high tolerance for the insertion of political views, I would like to know. I only came in the night before we leave to see if there was new information (I didn’t expect to be irritated by unrelated rants). ?

Maybe I 'got' his sense of humor being Canadian but I don't think he was trying to be left, right or anywhere else.

It's hard not to scan the TV line-up and not hear extreme rhetoric from many news outlets, Canadian or American (yes, Canadian news endures the same political diarrhea with its politics except it ends in 'eh')  so I think his point was, while those stations continued their verbal diarrhea few even mentioned this earthquake or the impact to the people of Haiti while these supposed 'news' channels chose to remain babbling on.   

9 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

(I didn’t expect to be irritated by unrelated rants). ?

Yeah, don't you hate it when someone writes those? ? 

Just because someone makes a comment that could be construed as partisan and nobody yells at the person about it does not make a site "political leaning" or "only for right wing folks".  I do believe it is typically called "tolerance", "not reading any ill-intent", or at the very least "letting it go". 

I do, unfortunately, very much believe you are being serious.

duty_calls.png

I do sincerely hope you enjoy your cruise.  I hope when something irritates you on the ship you can let it go and not allow it to ruin your trip.

It really doesn't matter what one types in a "chat" environment, "someone" will take issue with it.   I prefer to look at Mont's comment about wishing the best for the people down there.  But, I always seem to find a "silver lining".   And, the term "fake news" is a water fountain comment now days.  Doesn't matter if we like it or not, it's here to stay.  Just like the word "Deplorables".  And, I'm a "left" or "right" kind of person. Now, Let's all have fun!  After all, we're talking about our upcoming cruise. :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: