Help to understand/ access C&A benefits and preferences

Ok, I was pretty good at the previous crown and anchor website but now I'm lost. Is there now only 1 log in - so not separate C&A and royal Caribbean ? Now just one website that covers our cruises and our loyalty? I can not see where to log my preferences for upgrades, welcome gifts etc. I have tried settings and preferences and neither give me these options. 

Also we are now Diamond and I was expecting emails/ access to cruise specials/ last minute sailings etc but I only get the stock standard emails from Royal.  How do we know about last minute sailings/ special rates?

I emailed them recently about updating upgrade and gift preferences and received this reply:

We strive to give our high level Crown & Anchor Society members an especially warm welcome onboard.

[omitting irrelevant verbiage]

To ensure your preferences are updated, please contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723.

You may choose your selection by calling us at 1-800-526-9723, or e-mailing us at crownandanchor@rccl.comOur representatives will be happy to assist further. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 11:00 pm EST; and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm EST.

6 minutes ago, twangster said:

I emailed them recently about updating upgrade and gift preferences and received this reply:

We strive to give our high level Crown & Anchor Society members an especially warm welcome onboard.

[omitting irrelevant verbiage]

To ensure your preferences are updated, please contact our office directly at 1-800-526-9723.

You may choose your selection by calling us at 1-800-526-9723, or e-mailing us at crownandanchor@rccl.comOur representatives will be happy to assist further. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 11:00 pm EST; and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am to 8:00 pm EST.

But is not crownandanchor@rccl.com the email you sent the request  before  ?, 

At the end you will create endless loop and you will crash RC site ?

5 hours ago, 28margaritaville said:

Ok, I was pretty good at the previous crown and anchor website but now I'm lost. Is there now only 1 log in - so not separate C&A and royal Caribbean ? Now just one website that covers our cruises and our loyalty? I can not see where to log my preferences for upgrades, welcome gifts etc. I have tried settings and preferences and neither give me these options. 

Also we are now Diamond and I was expecting emails/ access to cruise specials/ last minute sailings etc but I only get the stock standard emails from Royal.  How do we know about last minute sailings/ special rates?

I think the first part has been covered by several people, in regards to the second part I have been Diamond for a couple years now and am not aware of any special info/deals. Just the daily email(s) from Royal pushing the same stuff every day.

They did, however, do a good job in getting back to me yesterday.  My 2 DD's have cruised twice (5 years ago & last month) but I did not have C&A info for them. I emailed, gave them their names & last month's reservation #, & within 2 hours had a response with their C&A numbers AND the correct  # of points that they had earned for the 2 cruises.  Yea!

I have not gotten e mails for 2 years and have given up on calling and or submitting e mails.  Customer "NO SERVICE" and then some.   You can call them 5 times and get 4 different answers.  I know as they say  been there done that numerous times over the years.  Thank goodness for this blog site.     

I imagine the Crown and Anchor desk has been swamped with additional work since the self service capability has been omitted on the new website. However, I sent them an email concerning points that had not been added into my total after my last cruise. I received an automated reply almost immediately and a personal answer 13 days later. So, not too bad as these things go. I had also asked the question, in my message to them, concerning the reintroduction of the self service functionality. The response was somewhat enigmatic i.e it will be added back but they could not give any idea of when that would happen.

By the way, the points total did get updated, probably without the C&A desk intervention; it just took quite a bit longer than used to be the case.

For missing points and preferences I find a phone call to be very efficient.  Missing points have always been corrected on the spot, within minutes.  I cruise solo so sometimes ( 1 in 8 )  they don't post correctly.  They put me on a brief hold and within 2 minutes they are back with it corrected.

I'm not sure if there is a local number in other countries.  Being in the US I just call the toll free number.

I've often found as I've grown older that a phone call is often best for many things.  Email is great but it's just another message in a sea of messages in someone's inbox.  A phone call between humans is personal. 

Thanks for all the replies.  Seems the website is a bit of a problem. Interesting that no-one is using/ seeing specials

This is from the benefits tanble - footnote 11.

This is the part I am interested in if anyone knows anything about accessing these specials - anyone seen this or booked???

"A new set of Sales Event offers from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is
published each Thursday evening. Unless otherwise noted, they can only be
booked on Monday following the Thursday they are posted. They are not
available after that time and are subject to change by the cruise line at any
time".

Full footnote:

Crown & Anchor Exclusive Rates are applicable to specific ship and sail
dates. When reserving, the applicable offer code and a valid Crown & Anchor
Society membership number must be included in the reservation. Offer may
be withdrawn at any time. Discount offer will not be replaced if certificates
are lost, stolen or otherwise destroyed. The offer cannot be used with certain
restricted fares. Rates cannot be combined with MyCruiseSM Rewards,
Upgrades, Companion Fare and Free Cruise Fare. Applies to all categories, unless
otherwise noted. Offer is not combinable with any other promotion or offer
unless expressly stated therein. Royal Caribbean International will deduct the
application offer value from final payment upon review. Discount applies on a
per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full
face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability
at the time of making your reservation. Certificate must be submitted to Royal
Caribbean PRIOR TO FINAL PAYMENT or before coupon expires, whichever
comes first. Please reference the coupon code when reserving your cruise
vacation. To have access you must log in to the member-only section of our
website. A new set of Sales Event offers from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines is
published each Thursday evening. Unless otherwise noted, they can only be
booked on Monday following the Thursday they are posted. They are not
available after that time and are subject to change by the cruise line at any
time.

Ahh ... that I might have some idea of ... I think this link will work :)

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

I have never booked any of these "specials" since none of them have ever fit my plans/pricing but this might be what you are referring to above.

It is a link that was shared on a message board several years ago (might have been here, might have been Cruise Critic) ... the "sale" that it points to is updated every week automatically.

Certainly not something that Royal ever sent me any information on.

I look at it from time to time but when I do see a good price the dates don't work and most of the time the pricing isn't anything to get excited about.