Royal Up Program

6 minutes ago, Ducky57 said:

Can anyone explain the Royal Up program please.

What exactly is your question? You bid to upgrade your cabin and some unknown algorithm decides who, if anyone, wins.

8 minutes ago, Ducky57 said:

Has anyone been notified that their bid won a week or two out before their actual cruise?

You can be notified much earlier than that or as late as the day of your cruise.

On my two successful Royal Up bids, we were notified well in advance of our sailing.

The first (Odyssey 1/2022), we were notified about 1 month in advance. The second (Quantum 8/2022), we were notified about 2 1/2 weeks in advance.

There is no set timeline and it varies from ship to ship, sailing to sailing. Like Tony said above, you may even find out at the port!

Something to remember...just because you can put a bid in for an upgrade doesn't mean there are actually cabins available.  Royal is all about maximizing their profits, so they hedge their bets for any no-shows and last minute cancellations.

In my opinion, the glory days of Royal Up were during the restart.  Now that ships are sailing full, not many are getting their bids accepted.

22 minutes ago, teddy said:

Something to remember...just because you can put a bid in for an upgrade doesn't mean there are actually cabins available.  Royal is all about maximizing their profits, so they hedge their bets for any no-shows and last minute cancellations.

In my opinion, the glory days of Royal Up were during the restart.  Now that ships are sailing full, not many are getting their bids accepted.

I agree. It’s pretty much a craps shoot unless you are Royal Caribbean royalty like @Mattor @Lovetocruise2002😂