Main dining room attire

We just got off Odyssey and men were almost anything.  Even on formal night, I saw one dude with t-shirt, gym shorts and flip flops.  However, most guys wore polo shirts or dress shirts.

I sort of wish they enforced long pants on guys on formal/dress-to-impress nights.

A reason I can think of to wear longer / dressier shorts is if you don't like the cold. I find the MDR to be chilly most nights, so I'm always wearing a pair of chinos (my daily casual pant) and a button-down shirt or polo. I think if I wore shorts of any kind, the waiters would be bringing me blankets from the all-over goose bumps and chattering teeth! 😄

I have always dressed nice for the MDR, but this next cruise I think I am going to be more relaxed about it, everyone else is. I probably still won't wear shorts but I am not going to feel obligated to wear a dress shirt. Maybe a polo, maybe a Hawaiian shirt... Whichever I am comfortable in.