RC building a Cozumel beach club

This makes perfect sense within the context of Royal going after families who'd consider vacationing at a major theme park. Cozumel is a popular port with many, many ships calling on it. Providing a beach club option for travelers who are uncomfortable getting outside Royal's bubble through non-Royal resorts is going to make them a mint.

Gee fellas, at Costa Maya there is an already unused/closed down/abandoned resort that your patrons could walk to just to the right of the pier. Did you consider putting your money there?

I know the Costa Maya port authority is a tougher group than most, but I gotta think your private beach destination idea would be a whole lot more well received by passengers  here than in Cozumel. 

IMG_1113.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rackham said:

This makes perfect sense within the context of Royal going after families who'd consider vacationing at a major theme park. Cozumel is a popular port with many, many ships calling on it. Providing a beach club option for travelers who are uncomfortable getting outside Royal's bubble through non-Royal resorts is going to make them a mint.

Already too many very cheap all inclusive options. I see this a failure to address a real need. The club in Nassau makes perfect sense. 

12 hours ago, bobroo said:

Gee fellas, at Costa Maya there is an already unused/closed down/abandoned resort that your patrons could walk to just to the right of the pier. Did you consider putting your money there?

I know the Costa Maya port authority is a tougher group than most, but I gotta think your private beach destination idea would be a whole lot more well received by passengers  here than in Cozumel. 

IMG_1113.jpeg

Royal stops at Coz much much more than Costa Maya, thus a greater ROI

As Texans sailing from Galveston…often, this is outstanding news for us.  Roatan, Costa Maya, and Cozumel had become routine.  We don’t even get off the ship in Costa Maya.  Cozumel is a just a trip to the pharmacy and lunch at Poncho’s Backyard.

I agree, Costa Maya or Progresso would be great locations.

Bring on some Wonder of the Seas!