Orchestrating an Intergenerational family vacation on Symphony of the Seas, March 23-31, 2024

jbrinkm

1 minute ago, SweetPea said:

I'm still not team clip cup

I wasn't either, I only ordered them b/c my wife liked it and so of course I had to get one too... especially when Bezos was offering 5% off for buying more than one, lol. I am now though. We used them a lot more than I expected.

Succumb to the FOMO and peer pressure... all the cool kids have them!

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I wasn't either, I only ordered them b/c my wife liked it and so of course I had to get one too... especially when Bezos was offering 5% off for buying more than one, lol. I am now though. We used them a lot more than I expected.

Succumb to the FOMO and peer pressure... all the cool kids have them!

Absolutely with you on this. I've found it disturbingly useful in all kinds of places. Like yesterday, when I was sick, it was a nice place to put my water *by* the desk instead of on it (because I had to keep my sick supplies there). Disturbingly useful. #thanksbezos

2 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Absolutely with you on this. I've found it disturbingly useful in all kinds of places. Like yesterday, when I was sick, it was a nice place to put my water *by* the desk instead of on it (because I had to keep my sick supplies there). Disturbingly useful. #thanksbezos

Sorry to hear that you’ve been sick. 🤧😷

On 3/29/2024 at 8:06 AM, OCSC Mike said:

Possible Bezos order? It stays good for a long time but that’s kind of a big bottle. 🤣

IMG_2048.jpeg.42e4345c4ec057343462157749b837de.jpeg

Huge price drop; I couldn’t resist. 🤣

IMG_2055.jpeg.0dd85a5007a3841604984f5180da8d20.jpeg

We make a lot of grilled chicken & brown rice to be healthy, picky wife, & neither of us can cook, lol. It’s like $4 for the tiny 5oz. bottles so I could spill out over half of it & still save money.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Huge price drop; I couldn’t resist. 🤣

We make a lot of grilled chicken & brown rice to be healthy, picky wife, & neither of us can cook, lol. It’s like $4 for the tiny 5oz. bottles so I could spill out over half of it & still save money.

You will have to report back if it tastes different out of a plastic bottle 😆

9 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

You will have to report back if it tastes different out of a plastic bottle 😆

Roger that, lol. Not sure I'll be able to tell though. I just started using it last cruise after @asquared17 had me switch from Tobasco chipotle (or pepper water as she calls it). It's also gonna be a little different when it's not in the middle of a taco with a bunch of fixins.

Just now, asquared17 said:

it IS pepper water. 🤮

I just got to the bottom of a tiny bottle I bought before you showed me the light... I still think it tastes good but it definitely is more watery than Cholula.

On 3/30/2024 at 2:29 PM, jbrinkm said:

Then we hid some ducks. Two were picked up immediately after we started to walk away so I think those little girls saw us hide them. 

@DoomSlayer there are two hidden in a space where families can have non-electric fun together and one in a whimsical restaurant.

20240330_140739.jpg

Just got back last night.  I assume you were talking about Wonderland for the restaurant.  Was not sure on the other clue to be honest, although I looked all over the rock-climbing wall, flow rider, and ice rink thinking that could be the family fun area.  Unfortunately, I could not find anything 😞  Competition was fierce with all the kids on spring break looking.  We hid about 30 ducks ourselves on the trip.

15 hours ago, DoomSlayer said:

Just got back last night.  I assume you were talking about Wonderland for the restaurant.  Was not sure on the other clue to be honest, although I looked all over the rock-climbing wall, flow rider, and ice rink thinking that could be the family fun area.  Unfortunately, I could not find anything 😞  Competition was fierce with all the kids on spring break looking.  We hid about 30 ducks ourselves on the trip.

It was the game room. We hid two inside of games - one was a murder mystery game (in a tube) and the other was mahjong in a case. In Wonderland, it was just inside the entrance, in the wall architecture, by the sheer curtain-y thing on the left. 

8 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

It was the game room. We hid two inside of games - one was a murder mystery game (in a tube) and the other was mahjong in a case. In Wonderland, it was just inside the entrance, in the wall architecture, by the sheer curtain-y thing on the left. 

I looked there, someone may have beat me too it.  It was fun trying to find it though.  My wife and I ran up there to look as soon as we checked in with the muster station.  Thanks for setting it up though, it was fun trying and it inspired us for hiding the ducks and easter eggs we brought on board.  I would have never thought of the game room.  I am shaking my head now that you mention it.  You had a great clue, it just didn't click in my brain.

Hi @Fastfaller. I can't think of a single thing I would avoid. I really enjoyed our ports (although I would have preferred Labadee to Falmouth, that was obviously out of my hands), I enjoyed the ship, the food, the staff, and the entertainment! I guess I wish we had had more time to walk over the floating bridge and walk around the cute little neighborhood in Curacao but I wouldn't have given up my dive for it. And allot more time than you think you'll need for transportation in Aruba - we had a very long walk to get out of the port and traffic builds up in the downtown area. I'm glad we did Wonderland, it was really fun. I really tried to do as much as possible on the ship - the Escape room, the laser tag, the slides, the flowrider, etc. Our pickleball class was pretty fun with a great staff member, Ricardo. I really loved the Zumba classes. Our trip wasn't perfect, but the things that went badly for us weren't necessarily choices we made to suggest or not to suggest for others, like the problems we had on our Jamaica excursion or even getting to the port. I think you'll have a blast. Just plan ahead of time, whatever you want to do - like the show reservations and signing up for laser tag as soon as you are onboard. If you have specific questions, happy to answer them!