Oasis of the seas aqua 80 show injury

We were on Wonder last year and the same thing happened. The seas were a tad rough and she slipped off one of the lower diving boards and fell fortunately into the pool. They nixed most of the diving for the rest of the show but I think they said the next day everyone was okay. 

After reading several trip reports where people were commenting on more movement on the ships than they had noticed before (and experiencing it myself on Allure), I did a quick search and it seems like ocean waves are getting bigger and stronger. I wonder if that might be contributing to more Aqua Theater accidents...

I was on this sailing as well. From what I heard she's doing okay. In fact, there were 2 shows later that week. After the first show, there were comments I saw saying that the show was short and not complete, about 25 minutes total. We were leery of going to the later show but happy we did. It was the full 50 minute show and it was spectacular. Whether the injured diver was part of the show, I cannot say.

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Definitely a full show tonite.  It is possible that they are missing a female diver but it didn’t impact the show at all.  Excellent show as always.  

1980s is officially the best decade for music - FACT!! 🤩 As such the Aqua soundtrack is awesome!

I have watched the full shows of One Sky, Aqua 80 and Cats on YouTube since I got off last month as all of them seemed to get better each time I saw them on board! Only show not watched again is the ice one, which I saw twice on board, so probably won't need to see that again as talented as the cast are/were.

We did Oasis in May and December of 22.  I ended up going to Aqua80 a few times on both sailings for a weird combination of reasons.  It gave me a chance to note a few things though.  They were definitely not always running with the full "cast" particularly when it came to divers.  If  you only go once you do not really realize it.  You just assume that only one person is supposed to be diving at a time as opposed to 2 or more synchronized divers.  The very first time I went they did not have the "hoverboarder" to start the show.  I never realized we missed it until the second time I went.  I never investigated further but my understanding is that casts for any show can shift depending upon health, training, skillset and then the aquatheater adds in the additional considerations of weather, technical issues and the like.

23 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I was kind of surprised RC even kept the aqua theater concept on Icon.

I was a little surprised but moving it indoors was clearly an intentional change to at least avoid wind and natural elements. Obviously the Aqua Theater is something they really like and has more reward than risk because they didn't make any adaptations to Utopia or, as far as we know, Oasis 7. 

24 minutes ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

They were definitely not always running with the full "cast" particularly when it came to divers.  If  you only go once you do not really realize it.  You just assume that only one person is supposed to be diving at a time as opposed to 2 or more synchronized divers. 

We usually go to the Aqua show twice during our cruises so this is something I've noticed as well. With diving, it's doesn't seem to be a matter of a member of the cast participating in the show or not -- it's literally that particular dive. I don't know how it works, but you'll often see a diver walk out onto the platform or diving board, look out above the crowd and then walk back behind the stage rather than dive. There's some kind of go/no-go signal they get as to whether they should dive or not. I don't know if it's based on conditions, position of the other cast members, etc. Sometimes they come out and dive, sometimes they come out and walk back, and sometimes they don't come out at all.

2 hours ago, jeffmw said:

There's some kind of go/no-go signal they get as to whether they should dive or not. I don't know if it's based on conditions, position of the other cast members, etc. Sometimes they come out and dive, sometimes they come out and walk back, and sometimes they don't come out at all.

Yes !  Noticed this about 3 times last night during Aqua80.  I said to Dan, "they must have waved him off".  Very interesting.

3 hours ago, jeffmw said:

There's some kind of go/no-go signal they get as to whether they should dive or not.

There are "traffic lights". If you sit in the aqua theatre and turn around the look back and up to the two top corners, you will see during the show that there are "traffic lights" there. A red and a green. The divers look at that before they jump. Normally, it's always red. You will see it turn green before they jump. You can see that I have spent some time doing this lol

I saw this in one of those RCTV documentary years ago about the workings of the Aqua Theatre and I always look now. Sometimes, I even miss the dive because I am so busy turned around 😂