Game shows on board

There are several game shows on board.  Depending on your particular sailing, you might find the Love and Marriage game show, Who Wants to Be a Royal Caribbeanaire, The Crazy Quest and Majority Rules (just to name a few).  You do not need to audition for the Crazy Quest or Majority Rules.  Everyone can participate in those games. You will have to audition for the other game shows in order to be picked.  Be an EXTROVERT.  Be FUNNY.  Be (a little) SEXY.  Be everything that will make everyone else in the room laugh and want to be your friend.  Good luck and have a blast!

I auditioned for the "Love and Marriage" Gameshow in January.  I mentioned that my wife and I just recently celebrated our 40th anniversary in September. I was then asked if my wife was present and I responded, "No, she is at home. How do you think we managed to make it to 40 years of marriage?"

On 2/27/2024 at 12:20 AM, FionaMG said:

For the L&M show, It never fails to amaze me how many people offer up the number of years they've been married but then back down when asked if they want to play. I'd just keep quiet if I didn’t want to participate.

I am proud to be married for 40 years in this day and age where there is so much stress and strain on a couple to stay together let alone to remain faithful and love each other. So, yes i do enjoy announcing that we are among the few that were able to make it that long and hope for many more years together. As far as participating in the show, I have watched (On the TV when I am bored and that is the only show that broadcasts with the terrible reception) many L&M shows and with the same questions over and over being asked I wonder why anyone would want to get up on stage and share the answers?

13 hours ago, BigKarl said:

I am proud to be married for 40 years in this day and age where there is so much stress and strain on a couple to stay together let alone to remain faithful and love each other. So, yes i do enjoy announcing that we are among the few that were able to make it that long and hope for many more years together. As far as participating in the show, I have watched (On the TV when I am bored and that is the only show that broadcasts with the terrible reception) many L&M shows and with the same questions over and over being asked I wonder why anyone would want to get up on stage and share the answers?

I do understand that and you're absolutely right to be proud. We're not far behind you, at 36 years.

The thing with the game show though is that, as I understand it at least, when they ask if there's anyone there who's been married x-number of years, they're essentially auditioning for participants, so that's why I don't know why you'd say something if you weren't interested in participating.

And, in fact, I do agree with you that I don't know why anyone would want to participate in it, but there always seem to be plenty who do.

• 2 weeks later...

I got picked for love and marriage way back in 2005. It was a fun experience except that my wife had to tell everyone something embarrassing that I do. Well I became famous... The broadcast the show in the rooms so I think everyone on board saw it. People would come up to me at the bar and say hi, I can believe that you... 

I won't say what that embarrassing thing was, but several thousand people now know.

I dragged my wife up for a Battle of the Sexes in the Star Lounge on Voyager a couple years ago.  She was mortified at first, but then we both had a ball.  We participate in a lot more things ever since then. 

I can’t get her to audition for Love and Marriage though….although she agrees we’d do pretty well.  I always take note of what she’s wearing just in case she ever changes her mind. 🙂

We’re at 25 years married, but it’s the second go around for both of us…so technically we’ve each been married longer…😁