Recent Soda Package Price on Cruise Planner

Is there a current pre-cruise discount on the Cruise Planner for the Soda Package? I found the $12.99/day ful price listed in a Google search. But I don't have a booking yet and am considering my options. Thank you for your help.

FYI, all the drink packages may be on sale today for "National Margarita Day" in case anyone is shopping.

For my upcoming Wonder cruises, the DPB is the same sale I keep seeing but Refreshment is down a few bucks and Soda is the Black Friday price of $8.99.

10 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

FYI, all the drink packages may be on sale today for "National Margarita Day" in case anyone is shopping.

For my upcoming Wonder cruises, the DPB is the same sale I keep seeing but Refreshment is down a few bucks and Soda is the Black Friday price of $8.99.

During Black Friday, kids 12 and under actually got the soda package for 50% off the $8.99 price as well bringing it down to about $4.50/day. I definitely wish I would've booked it then.

OK, a warning to all. I would love to cancel my soda package and rebook on sale today, but I don't dare. Not worth the headache.

We canceled several items over the past year and since rebooked several. 

The problem was Royals wonderful system refunded us the charges out of our PAID IN FULL cruise balance and not out of there own money they maid off the individual purchases. 

Putting us in the red just before final balance due in full or you will be canceled and we will resell your cabin at four times the price time. This is for Icon that we booked day one of booking 2 years ago at 1/4th the current price. (Some coincidence huh??)

Anyway, it took 5 days and a total of 6 hours to get someone to straighten it out. I out and out asked for OBC and got $50 for my troubles. Believe me, it wasn't enough for what went through.

Point is....be very careful when canceling and rebooking add ons like drink packages etc for better price, when there is a sale.

Continue to check your balance for paid in full. Both in app and website. We went from paid in full to owing over $600 days before final payment due date. All because Royal Caribbean refunded our paid by credit card add ons, with our own money and not the money the cards paid them.

Check your balances constantly. And think twice about canceling and rebooking something to save a few dollars. It can go so horribly wrong it's ridiculous.

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

OK, a warning to all. I would love to cancel my soda package and rebook on sale today, but I don't dare. Not worth the headache.

The problem was Royals wonderful system refunded us the charges out of our PAID IN FULL cruise balance and not out of there own money they maid off the individual purchases. 

Putting us in the red just before final balance due in full or you will be canceled and we will resell your cabin at four times the price time. This is for Icon that we booked day one of booking 2 years ago at 1/4th the current price. (Some coincidence huh??)

Anyway, it took 5 days and a total of 6 hours to get someone to straighten it out. I out and out asked for OBC and got $50 for my troubles. Believe me, it wasn't enough for what went through.

Point is....be very careful when canceling and rebooking add ons like drink packages etc for better price, when there is a sale.

Continue to check your balance for paid in full. Both in app and website. We went from paid in full to owing over $600 days before final payment due date. All because Royal Caribbean refunded our paid by credit card add ons, with our own money and not the money the cards paid them.

Check your balances constantly. And think twice about canceling and rebooking something to save a few dollars. It can go so horribly wrong it's ridiculous.

Wise words, best to never cancel cruise planner purchases and rebook at lower prices just to save money, especially if cruise is paid in full. It can take 2-3 months for refunds, and risk cruise cancellation due to their IT system glitch. Not worth it.  We like the soda package, and $8.99 is a decent price. On Wonder I was disappointed that ginger ale wasn’t available, in fact 1/4 of the flavors were unavailable in most freestyle machines. There’s always the option for canned soda at least. 

6 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Exactly- there was a nice sale yesterday, would have saved me about 13 bucks overall for the refreshment package. To me, it's just not worth it. Once something hit's 20 or so, then I'll consider it, but for the price of a McDonalds value meal, I'll just take the loss. 

14 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

Ugh, I bought the soda package for my husband and I yesterday while on sale to give myself a little time to decide if we really want it (I had purchased for my parents and my teens already during the Black Friday sale and they all will definitely use it). I do love a good Freestyle machine but not sure we drink enough soda to make it worth it. Now I'm scared to cancel it if I don't want it after all - we sail in March and are past final payment. 

11 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Ugh, I bought the soda package for my husband and I yesterday while on sale to give myself a little time to decide if we really want it (I had purchased for my parents and my teens already during the Black Friday sale and they all will definitely use it). I do love a good Freestyle machine but not sure we drink enough soda to make it worth it. Now I'm scared to cancel it if I don't want it after all - we sail in March and are past final payment. 

Keep it. 3 soda's in a day and you break even. Plus if you get from a bar they are small glasses full of ice. You will want to freshen your drink often. With package you don't even think about cost.

Making changes to cruise planner purchases this late in the game can come at an unexpected cost. Not worth it over $8 or $9 per day. 

Wait, so some people have had their refunds taken out of the paid balance? I'm one of those who is always cancelling and repricing and I've never had a problem with getting the refunds back to my credit card in a matter of days. 

Now you've got me paranoid about if I've been playing with fire and have just been lucky to this point. 😱

As it was explained to me by senior management. There are 2 wallets associated with every account. One with your cruise payments. One with your cruise planner payments.

For some reason??? My canceled cruise planner purchases were being refunded from the "wallet" they kept my cruise fare payment money in. Taking my paid in full balance, and bringing me down to still owing money just days before final payment due date. 

This made for nail biting days trying to get it fixed before system canceled my trip for not being paid in full by due date. (When I was paid in full)

They would refund cruise planner purchases from my paid in full cruise fare money and not the money they received from credit card for each cruise planner purchase. Essentially paying me with my own money and not a refund. 

We're on Odyssey next November. On Feb 12th all my Cruise Planner purchases made under black Friday sale got mysteriously cancelled. Then they were all reapplied as a single transaction under my son's name, same sale prices. The refunds did show up on my card but so far there has been no charge to my son? I have my TA monitoring this as I also have had Cruise Planner issues affect final payment amount. From the previous experience I've learned to track and watch all these things very carefully.

3 hours ago, KevinJ said:

We're on Odyssey next November. On Feb 12th all my Cruise Planner purchases made under black Friday sale got mysteriously cancelled. Then they were all reapplied as a single transaction under my son's name, same sale prices. The refunds did show up on my card but so far there has been no charge to my son? I have my TA monitoring this as I also have had Cruise Planner issues affect final payment amount. From the previous experience I've learned to track and watch all these things very carefully.

Black Friday sales are a hot mess. Takes forever to charge credit cards, and sometimes months to get refunds in my experience.

On 2/23/2024 at 1:06 PM, jbrinkm said:

We just cancelled 2 of the packages - I just gave my TA a heads up in case they tried to mess with my cruise fare and trusted that she could work it out, and today I saw my refunds on my credit card. I don't know if they've fixed it or if it is because my fare came from a group pool via my TA, but I'm relieved.

Update, two of the cancelled/refunded cruise planner items have now been recharged to me. Still nothing charged to my son. The orders list for the cruise still showed everything getting charged to my son, it will also make it difficult to cancel and rebook. However then only thing we've rebooked is Hideaway Beach at CocoCay which dropped in price twice. We're still along way from final payment so have to keep monitoring.