Return of the cruise compass hard copy?

5 hours ago, Obdave said:

Lol. Of that age but I hope not cranky

I was just cranky because they first lied and said they don’t print them at all and they stuck to the lie.   I knew it was a lie because I’d been sailing, a lot. When pressed they said it goes to people of a certain age without them asking.  That’s when I asked about cranky middle aged people-said with love. 

Typical for us to ask for the Cruise Compass and a couple of extra towels every day. We are generally pleased with the response.

Last cruise was a B2B for two weeks and by the end of the cruise I think we had 7  towel animals lined up.

Our cabin attendant received a nice tip.

20230525_142754.jpg

20 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

When I inquired last year at Guest Services about getting a cruise compass I was told it’s automatically given to guests of a “certain age” ( not disclosed).  I believe my reply was something about getting one for a cranky middle aged woman,  they promptly gave me one.    Maybe you are “of that age”?

OMG. We are of age and still have to ask for the Cruise Compass. Maybe we still look too young to qualify. 🤣

Seems to be case by case, ship by ship...

On our last cruise on Navigator, Jr. Suite,  we asked our cabin person for a paper copy, and we received one every day throughout the cruise.  On Symphony, a cruise or two earlier, also a Jr. Suite, paper copies were not available.

Just returned from 11 days on Anthem.   Met our cabin attendant the first night and when he asked if we needed anything, we requested the daily compass.

Problem solved!

Other items we requested:  extra blanket (it was cold leaving and returning to NYC), wine glasses.  

We encouraged our attendant to take a "day off" from servicing our cabin and provided a nice tip at the end of the voyage.

It'll be interesting to see if I get them on Oasis in May. I'm 34 but have requested large print versions through the Special Needs team as I'm visually impaired and although the app is good for some stuff, on previous cruises on other lines I've always found the paper versions easier to use, as overuse of screens can make some of my sight issues worse (I have to take regular breaks when using my computer at home and work, for example).