New way to notify of Top Tier events

It’s sad that I had to actually add “look for top tier info” on my list of things to do on embarkation day.  I boarded Jewel and no invite cards.  So I went to the C&A loyalty ambassador to make the inquiry and she said it was on a sheet of paper in my cabin.  Then she showed me this paper-of which I had not received in my cabin.

apparently the invite cards no longer exist.  Look for this paper.  Write yourself a reminder to go chase these things down.  I’ve been on multiple sailings where the invite was not in the cabin and no-I did not change cabins last minute or royal up. 

there were a number of people at the lunch who said they had not gotten the info in their room.  I highly doubt we all had the same cabin steward.

IMG_1580.jpeg

1 minute ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

LOL,  Who can even hear the voice announcements ?  I never can....  but at least they're trying, I guess.

A voicemail in the phone system?  

Ironically I couldn't delete the message and everyday the message waiting light on my phone was illuminated.  Every day I  listened to the top tier reminder voicemail, again.

1 minute ago, twangster said:

A voicemail in the phone system?  

Ironically I couldn't delete the message and everyday the message waiting light on my phone was illuminated.  Every day I  listened to the top tier reminder voicemail, again.

Oops...I misread.  I have also gotten the cabin voice message re: such things.  Sometimes it is hard to understand them, though.  🤪

35 minutes ago, RockerDom31 said:

What goes on at these Top Tier events? We just got promoted to Platinum from Gold after our last cruse. Our next cruise is our first one being Platinum. Still got a long way to go though!

It's an - I want to say hour long, but might be wrong - presentation. They basically welcome you and give you a few details about the ship and the C&A members onboard. They also have the captain and other officers give a short welcome speech and, IIRC, there is a little music number at the end.

But they hand out a couple of different cocktails when you walk in so yay free alcohol.

On Odyssey now, as @Pattycruise noted we received the same notice; it looked more like the junk mail you receive on Day 1 than any of the important Day 1 materials.  We also received the blanket phone message as a reminder for the Top Tier.

I wish Royal would just come out and say they do not want to do Top Tier, Luncheons, or Up Close Entertainment Tour anymore. Because it absolutely feels that way.

5 hours ago, bobroo said:

On Odyssey now, as @Pattycruise noted we received the same notice; it looked more like the junk mail you receive on Day 1 than any of the important Day 1 materials.  We also received the blanket phone message as a reminder for the Top Tier.

I wish Royal would just come out and say they do not want to do Top Tier, Luncheons, or Up Close Entertainment Tour anymore. Because it absolutely feels that way.

Lol didn’t even realize up close wasn’t there.  It’s not something I look for.

10 hours ago, RockerDom31 said:

What goes on at these Top Tier events? We just got promoted to Platinum from Gold after our last cruse. Our next cruise is our first one being Platinum. Still got a long way to go though!

Along with the other response you got I will add that it varies from ship to ship. On one cruise it was in the ice rink and there was a special performance that lasted about 15 minutes. One of my favorite things about them is finding out how many people in each tier are on the ship.