It's my math somewhat right?

We always get the 3 night dining package but never truly ran the numbers just assuming it saved a bunch of money.

For our cruise on October on Liberty which yes has limited choices for specialty dining it seems to only save us 12 bucks? Does that sound even remotely right? I mean for 12 bucks I'd rather just book the restaurants I want well ahead of time so we get the restaurants we want at the time slots we want. 

I didn't compare the numbers on Anthem which we sail next month but I'm curious. Does any of this make sense? 

4 minutes ago, Doug_Texas said:

It could be right.  The single restaurant prices for my next cruise at 10% off runs from Izumi at $35.99 to Giovanni’s at $48.99 to Chops at $62.99 plus gratuity. The 3 that you pick could end up very close to the 3 night package.

And in a ship like Liberty with very few choices and even Anthem we are on next month it could be extremely close to the 3 night price. 

I think for our Liberty cruise in October I'm just gonna book the restaurants we want because it doesn't make much sense to do the package. Last October we did Giovanni's twice and Sabor because we aren't steak people so Chops wasn't going to be something we would book for dinner. Now we did do Chops for lunch on embarkation day but that was the only option. I can't stand, as in hate the windjammer on embarkation day, too hectic and stressful. 

I think for Liberty in October we'll just book Sabor and Giovanni's and that's it. We already have Chops booked again for embarkation day. We also got Giovanni's for a lunch on a ridiculous sale for like 12.99 a person. That's enough specialty dining for a ship like Liberty which again has limited choices. 

Anthem next month we have Jamie's for lunch on embarkation day. Then the 3 night dining package. 

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I so agree with you, @RCIfan1912.  The lunches are the best bargain going....and when they went on sale over the holidays sales they became an awesome deal.

YES...we had no plans of any extra spending for meals, but when that Lunch deal came out a while back, we jumped on lunch at Giovanni's on Liberty.  I had no urge to try it originally, but at such a good price, I'm very excited for a nice lunch with the family. 

3 hours ago, ScottD said:

YES...we had no plans of any extra spending for meals, but when that Lunch deal came out a while back, we jumped on lunch at Giovanni's on Liberty.  I had no urge to try it originally, but at such a good price, I'm very excited for a nice lunch with the family. 

Its the best, While the chaos is ensuing in the Windjammer we are enjoying a quiet, peaceful lunch in Chops or Jaime's or Giovanni's. We won't do embarkation any other way. Board at 10:30 explore the ship a bit and at noon a quiet delicious lunch. Yes the Windjammer is free but for 50 bucks this is well worth it.  

4 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

On our upcoming cruise in Dec 2024 by getting the 3 night pkg we save $80 total. However that is at a 20% "sale".

I guess it will depends which ship, and which restaurants. On Liberty like I said with limited choices it's very close. I could see Oasis being a decent savings depending on the restaurant choices. 

24 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I guess it will depends which ship, and which restaurants. On Liberty like I said with limited choices it's very close. I could see Oasis being a decent savings depending on the restaurant choices. 

I compared this to going to Chops, Izumi and Park 150, as those are the restaurants we would go to. This is on Oasis for Dec 2024. This is also more than I would like to pay and more than I paid for Symphony last month.

I had purchased at a 40% sale and got the 3-night for $85.99 per person for my Dec 2023 sailing. You just have to watch and see if they go cheaper, cancel and rebook. If you book early then time is on your side.

11 hours ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I compared this to going to Chops, Izumi and Park 150, as those are the restaurants we would go to. This is on Oasis for Dec 2024. This is also more than I would like to pay and more than I paid for Symphony last month.

I had purchased at a 40% sale and got the 3-night for $85.99 per person for my Dec 2023 sailing. You just have to watch and see if they go cheaper, cancel and rebook. If you book early then time is on your side.

That was a great price! I'm on Symphony in 2 weeks' times and the 3 night package has never once budged from $131.99.

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

That was a great price! I'm on Symphony in 2 weeks' times and the 3 night package has never once budged from $131.99.

Same with Anthem next month. It just never budged from 131.99. I waited and waited and waited. Bought it a few weeks ago. 

37 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Same with Anthem next month. It just never budged from 131.99. I waited and waited and waited. Bought it a few weeks ago. 

If they'd have knocked even $20 off it, I'd have bought it. Instead, I took advantage of the C&A sale they had a while back and just booked the two restaurants I specifically wanted to try.

5 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Yeah I about choked when I saw it, but nabbed it quick. Have not seen it like that since. 

Caveat I book 2 yrs out so it was a 2021-2022 price for a 2023 sailing. My next one is at the $131.99 showing at 20% off. I booked it as it is still a $80 savings on 3 dinners for 2. I will still be watching for a better sale.

Well it definitely depends on the ship and what restaurants you want to dine at. On Anthem next month the 3 night dining package saves us 42 bucks. 

On Liberty in Oct it only saves us 12 bucks or so. I guess you just have price things out and see if it's worth it or not. 12 bucks is 12 bucks I guess. 42 bucks is a good savings.