Excited for retirement!

mom2mybugs

30 minutes ago, mom2mybugs said:

I have at least 5 years to go, maybe 10, but it is so fun to see 15-29 day cruises offered!!!   Gotta have something to get us through the long Midwest winter!!!!!   Jane

I echo your thoughts! Just under 4 years for me. The countdown is on! 😂

44 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

Sadly, pet care complicates long cruises during retirement. If you anticipate extensive travel, avoid getting a new pet. Or move next to a family with responsible kids...

We lost our fur baby back in June. Six months on and I'm still devastated. We won't be getting another. It's just too painful when you have to say goodbye. 🥺

But I agree that we would never be away for more than two weeks at a time when we had her.

6 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Sadly, pet care complicates long cruises during retirement. If you anticipate extensive travel, avoid getting a new pet. Or move next to a family with responsible kids...

Yeah it is a struggle.  We normally could have our daughter watch our schnauzers, but she got a dog that doesn't like other doggies!  Jane

I’m with @steverk…highly recommend retirement and cruising!  I retired in 2019 so I could spend my time caring for my Mom (with dementia) and also helping out with my 5 grandkids.  Oh…and planning cruise vacations somewhere in between!  It’s been a crazy 4 years…much more busy than it was while working!  
But now it’s slowing down…very sadly my Mom passed away in late September and my 5 grandkids are all almost old enough to not need me 😔!  
Which means now I have time for myself and my husband!   We have many vacations planned for the next 2 years…both land and sea!  
Love 💕 Retirement……..

Oh this retirement thing...

I've been thusly blessed for 8 years now, and my Wife 7 years. 

I am crazy busy.  How did I ever get things done when I was working?

And the pet thing?  Even a dumb ol' cat.  We had a person stay in our house whenever we were away, just to babysit the cat.  We lost her this year and we miss her so much.😍  My Wife nearly brought one home yesterday.  The only reason she didn't,  the person at a traveling pet adoption agency didn't have the cat in question, with her.  It will happen.  In the meantime, travel is certainly easier without a pet.