WiFi

Mark Arnett

I paid for the advanced internet ahead of time $180 so that I can check my home security system as I left my dog at home alone(had someone check on him daily). I also needed to check my finances and enjoy keeping up with sports and news. I am extremely dissatisfied with the advanced Wi-Fi as it has never worked in my room or in the gym or in any centrally located part of the ship. The only places it worked was in the smoking areas on deck 5 and 9. It worked sometimes on the opposite side in the same levels but if I cross the ship I have to reconfigure it each time I come close to an elevator. 

I paid $10 daily for Xfinity data and it worked in my room off and on but worked anywhere on floors 4 through 10 consistently. I would get disconnected if I got on an elevator but it would reconnect. Xfinity wouldn’t work about 30 minutes after leaving a port but it’s a lot better option at $10 daily than 18.99 prepaid or 27.99 daily on the cruise. I often used xfinity to access the Royal Carri bean app otherwise I wouldn’t have an option to book excursions etc. 

I talked to guest services but they said they could do nothing but tell me to speak to the help desk person on the ship.  The help desk person simply toggled my settings to airplane mode and turned off my vPN which they could have told me instead of taking my phone and disconnecting my xfinity service. The ship wifi worked fine at the Internet cafe but still wouldn’t work on the 9th floor minutes later so I reconfigured my xfinity international service and without it I wouldn’t of been able to use the Royal Carri bean app for the remainder of the cruise.  

Assuming this isn't a bot post, they need to know that this is a RCL fan blog and not affiliated with the company.

Mark (assuming you're real), we've never had any issues with Internet service on our cruises...did you happen to speak with guest services while you were sailing?

Also, it makes zero sense if you paid your cell provider for International access while also paying for the Internet package on the ship...hmmm?

Lost me at "left my dog at home alone".  Dogs are not cats.  They can't be left alone with someone stopping by daily.  Maybe that works for a cat, not a dog, not for any length of cruise.

"Smoking area on deck 5 and 9"

What ship has a smoking area on deck 9?

"Advanced internet"

What is Advanced internet?  There is only one package.

But seriously, I can't get over leaving a dog at home alone.  

5 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

Assuming this isn't a bot post, they need to know that this is a RCL fan blog and not affiliated with the company.

Mark (assuming you're real), we've never had any issues with Internet service on our cruises...did you happen to speak with guest services while you were sailing?

Also, it makes zero sense if you paid your cell provider for International access while also paying for the Internet package on the ship...hmmm?

I paid for xfinity because I need internet access.  You know it makes you go thru the steps to verify u are not a bot when joining this blog. So ya hmmmm…you my friend aren’t bright enough to be a bot. Why would I not pay for something that works if I paid for something else that did not work. And I put in my original post member services did not help me. Guess I was stupid for wasting my time writing this so whatever. 

My interpretation was that

1. He booked the Internet when they still offered "Surf+Stream" and Surf only packages. Perhaps calling the "surf & stream" the Advanced Internet. So he paid for the higher priced Internet on board.

2. Then he ALSO paid through his phone/service provider (Xfinity), a cruise fee or overseas fee or something that was $10/day - not sure if he did this beforehand as a precaution, or once he started having trouble with the ship internet.

3. When the rep messed with his settings to try to get the ship Internet to work, he inadvertently messed up the Xfinity settings too. 

4. He's mad.

Mark, if you end up checking back in, complaining here is not a complaint to RCI:

5 hours ago, JimnKathy said:

need to know that this is a RCL fan blog and not affiliated with the company.