Any real cruise fare black friday savings?

JS514

Does anyone know if we are going to have a real black friday sale for the cruise?

A few years ago, they were offering bonus OBC on black friday.   Wonder if that will happen again?   

I would like to book a cruise and hoping to save some $$ over the regular prices.

I repriced my parent's room. They are sailing with us but we booked as part of a TA group rate and they booked later (non group) when it was more expensive. I don't actually know what they *would* have saved staying in the same room because I didn't price that, but I had been asking the TA about upgrading them to some sort of balcony just the week before. Two weeks ago, it would have cost $500 to move them from GTY ocean view to GTY neighborhood balcony, and $600 to move from ocean view to ocean balcony.

Last week when the sale started, I could have switched them to the GTY neighborhood balcony and saved $20 (OBC) over what they paid for the ocean view. Instead, I was able to upgrade them to an ocean balcony for only $60 total. So our cruise certainly went down in price.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:36 AM, Plasticbrain said:

Seems they have added -50% for kids to the sale now, but they often have kids sail free, so if that is a good offer is a whole different story... 

The kids sail free is never good for holidays, summer, etc.  If the 50% off for kids is available for more sailings, ones where kids sail free is not offered,  it could be a good deal.  

53 minutes ago, Linda R said:

The kids sail free is never good for holidays, summer, etc.  If the 50% off for kids is available for more sailings, ones where kids sail free is not offered,  it could be a good deal.  

I would not say never, I took the kids sail free deal on BF last year, and got it for our sailing on Oasis july 28th-august 4th next year (I do not know avout your holidays, but that week is very much in the general summer holidays here in Norway) 

It's all "marketing"...Prices go up and down with supply and demand.  Sometimes they advertise $ or % off, but the prices adjust and you end up in the same place...or not.

I just got an email from Celebrity about a "Black Friday" sale and certain percentages off, etc.  I booked a cruise and got a great price.  Today, I checked again...same cruise, same cabin, same amenities--still under the same Black Friday sale--went UP $350!!!.

Best thing to do--ALWAYS--is to book if you like the price, then check back CONSTANTLY...during sales, during arbitrary times, whenever... If the price comes down, call and reprice...If the price goes up, laugh and consider yourself smart.