Fridges in room

SHS

These “coolers” were always close to worthless.  Beverages cooled barely above room temperature.  I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden our cabins over the last 2 years have had these units cooling to full refrigerator temperature.  Thanks RCL!  I don’t know how or why we have experienced this but we love it.

5 minutes ago, Doug_Texas said:

These “coolers” were always close to worthless.  Beverages cooled barely above room temperature.  I don’t know what happened but all of a sudden our cabins over the last 2 years have had these units cooling to full refrigerator temperature.  Thanks RCL!  I don’t know how or why we have experienced this but we love it.

It has always varied greatly in my experience. My cooler on Allure last week was useless. We put one water bottle in it and left one on the counter overnight... couldn't tell which was which in the morning.

I feel like more often than not they have at least cooled beverages enough to serve their purpose but I haven't exactly kept stats.

50 minutes ago, Doug_Texas said:

Yeah, ours on Oasis got room temp waters to petty cold, enough to give them a little sweat on the bottles. So not cold, but definitely chilled. I kept a 6 pack of N\A beers in there for a few days and they were cold enough to enjoy after 2-3 days

31 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

I always get an ice bucket for things I want colder like beer, Champaign and the like.

Putting the ice bucket into the cooler works pretty well, as long as you rearrange the shelving so you can close the door all of the way. Using that method got our water bottles fairly cold after putting them in at room temp.

12 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Putting the ice bucket into the cooler works pretty well, as long as you rearrange the shelving so you can close the door all of the way. Using that method got our water bottles fairly cold after putting them in at room temp.

This only works if the cooler is on the larger size or the ice bucket is small. On Allure our cooler could only hold the 1L Evian bottle in regard to width.

2 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

This only works if the cooler is on the larger size or the ice bucket is small. On Allure our cooler could only hold the 1L Evian bottle in regard to width.

Ah, yes, we only had the smaller plastic bottles from the bars (refreshment package). I can't remember - do the ice buckets also have those plastic bag liners? I wonder if you could pull that out for size flexibility? It wouldn't last as long but might help a bit?