Suite lounge cocktails

APM

+1
Once your in the lounge I have rarely, if ever, seen them ask for a seapass or room number.  Use your diamond vouchers earlier/later in the day and maximize that suite benefit in the lounge.

If you're on Oasis class the CK/SL staff are generally happy to get drinks to your table when dining in coastal kitchen as well.  

2 hours ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

+1
Once your in the lounge I have rarely, if ever, seen them ask for a seapass or room number.  Use your diamond vouchers earlier/later in the day and maximize that suite benefit in the lounge.

If you're on Oasis class the CK/SL staff are generally happy to get drinks to your table when dining in coastal kitchen as well.  

On AOS in suite lounge they asked on every drink. 

14 minutes ago, AndyPandy said:

On AOS in suite lounge they asked on every drink. 

This will vary by server and vary by how much time you spend in the lounge during happy hour.  Some memorize your room number. Others just keep it written down.  If you aren't up there every day you're more likely to be asked every time.

51 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

So I noticed everyone replied about the suite lounge but if you are also asking about the Diamond lounge you get access to, then yes every drink you order counts against your vouchers. There is no more happy hour in the diamond lounge.......except for snacks.

It's still a happy hour. Just no open bar for the happy hour.

My original query was for the Suite Lounge...was asked every night if I wanted to use my Diamond Plus Vouchers which I had surplus of so it was not an issue but I remember it being contradictory to stated policy "the Suite Lounge serves complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks."

29 minutes ago, APM said:

My original query was for the Suite Lounge...was asked every night if I wanted to use my Diamond Plus Vouchers which I had surplus of so it was not an issue but I remember it being contradictory to stated policy

That's very odd. You most definitely get open bar in the SL for 3 hours every evening that has nothing to do with your vouchers.

1 hour ago, APM said:

My original query was for the Suite Lounge...was asked every night if I wanted to use my Diamond Plus Vouchers which I had surplus of so it was not an issue but I remember it being contradictory to stated policy "the Suite Lounge serves complimentary continental breakfast and evening drinks."

Perhaps the type of drinks you were asking for were not complimentary?  For example, basic rum and coke included but a specifically named brand of rum is not?

14 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Nope, you can order anything available w/o issues

Anything available can be a little  confusing, I believe there is technically a list of the labels included and that is usually stocked in the SL.  If that's what you mean by available, then, yes 100% correct.  If you ask for something specific, say a neat single malt that's not on the menu I think you are venturing into ymmv territory and could be one possible explanation for the charge here.

Other possibility is that perhaps OP was outside the happy hour window? "evening drinks" is a set time (I believe usually 5-8 on most ships) 

14 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Nope, you can order anything available w/o issues. 

This. I even had a server in the SL on Wonder ask "Grey Goose?" when I ordered a vodka drink without specifying a brand. He was getting my standard tip either way but I found that to be a nice touch.

1 hour ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

Anything available can be a little  confusing, I believe there is technically a list of the labels included and that is usually stocked in the SL.  If that's what you mean by available, then, yes 100% correct.  If you ask for something specific, say a neat single malt that's not on the menu I think you are venturing into ymmv territory and could be one possible explanation for the charge here.

Other possibility is that perhaps OP was outside the happy hour window? "evening drinks" is a set time (I believe usually 5-8 on most ships) 

To clarify “anything available” means anything on or off the list is available if you ask. I have never been declined or told otherwise in the SL. It’s very possible there are different experiences on different ships but I also tip generously which might help change the bartender or servers mind about declining my request. 

• 4 months later...
23 hours ago, EnTulsa said:

Are martinis complementary from 5 -8:30?  I'm assuming yes since it's a cocktail?

If you are in the suite lounge, they should be, as long as you stick within the limits on available labels.    Note that hours can change slightly depending on the ship as well.  You should get an email from your suite concierge outlining your benefits a few days before emarkation.  

6 hours ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

If you are in the suite lounge, they should be, as long as you stick within the limits on available labels. 

I have spent numerous sailing in suites since the covid resumption.

When the SL lounge did not have the brand label I preferred, if it was on the ship they gladly found it for me.

On 1/26/2024 at 7:24 PM, CruiseGus said:

When the SL lounge did not have the brand label I preferred, if it was on the ship they gladly found it for me

Agreed and my general experience as well, but I have the feeling it falls into a YMMV situation. The rule is technically to keep on label so a lounge waiter/bartender could always choose to charge you if you do not follow the rule.  Likely? probably not, but I don't want @EnTulsa accusing us of bad advice.  

If you are staying in a full suite, happy hour beverages (including cocktails) are complimentary during the HH time in the Suites Lounge.  If you are a Pinnacle and go to the SL for HH but are not staying in a full suite, your vouchers will be used.

Happy Hour in the Crown Lounge will result in using your vouchers no matter what type of room you are staying in or your C&A level.