Question about isolation for virus situations

With fall nearly here now, and the incidence of viruses increasing, I'm wondering if anyone can speak to the current situation on cruise ships.  Specifically, do you know if any passengers who may come down with COVID or RSV or something else are required to stay in their cabin (or be relocated to a different area on the ship)?  Or is that now a thing of the past?  I accept that I may catch something while on a cruise (and would certainly go out of my way to protect others) but fear having to be isolated in my cabin or another place onboard for the duration of the cruise.

Last week we were on the Grandeur when one of our travel mates tested positive for covid.  He was advised to stay in his cabin and that food would be brought to him.  There was no enforcement of quarantine only advised to stay in cabin.  The FB page for our cruise has indicated that a number of passengers on our cruise either had covid on the cruise or tested positive when they got home.

Bill

We just got back from Odyssey on Monday and my youngest had a bout with gastro on that sailing. My wife went with him to the infirmary, he was given a shot and told to stay in his cabin until he had no more symptoms and handed some Imodium and then sent to his cabin. When asked what his brothers should do since they were in one cabin together, she was told to just have them wash their hands frequently and properly. Shockingly, he was the only one to have gastro and it lasted a little more than 24 hours. Unfortunately for him, he missed the excursion to the ruins of Ephesus and beach day in Mykonos the next day!

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Noro is just so contagious. Not much else to do but ride it out and keep everything clean

Yup, and it's not just cruise ships that have strict rules, it's just cruise ships that get the bad press.

If anyone at my work (supermarket) gets one of the "Big Six" foodborne illnesses, they are out of work until cleared by a doctor.