Am I the A hole Jamie’s over Giovanni’s.

JoeFan

We are currently on Oasis and had dinner tonight at Chops. They came around to take our dessert order and I joked can my wife get the Pavlova from Jamie’s as it is her all time favorite. Oasis has Giovanni’s ans we had dinner at there the night before and it was good but not as good as Jamie’s. Even my wife agrees. And I mentioned my preference to Jamie’s to the Chops waiter, and my wife was saying I was wrong to share my opinion. 

Am I the A Hole?

3 hours ago, JoeFan said:

We are currently on Oasis and had dinner tonight at Chops. They came around to take our dessert order and I joked can my wife get the Pavlova from Jamie’s as it is her all time favorite. Oasis has Giovanni’s ans we had dinner at there the night before and it was good but not as good as Jamie’s. Even my wife agrees. And I mentioned my preference to Jamie’s to the Chops waiter, and my wife was saying I was wrong to share my opinion. 

Am I the A Hole?

You may want to double check Jamies menu, it has been pretty much re-vamped this month. I see people mentioning a lot of stuff missing or changed.  Here is a post about it.... 

15 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

We love both and honestly don't understand the controversy over Jamie's. 

Food is very subjective. We have always loved Giovanni's Table, didn't have interest in Jamie's menu (wife is picky) so never tried it, and would consider Giovanni's Kitchen with a D+ BOGO at some point.

Most restaurants have mixed reviews if you read enough of them. Everyone likes what they like, may have had an exceptionally positive or negative experience during a particular meal that influenced them, ya never know.

If a restaurant looks good to you, try it!

Mason Jar on Wonder had mixed reviews and brunch there was one of my favorite meals ever on a ship. Though TBF, it seems that people have more of an issue with dinner there, which I haven't tried.

Happy dining!

I really dislike Giovanni's table but actually quite love the Kitchen version. I would personally say Jamie's was slightly better than Giovanni's Kitchen and MILES better than the table version. I don't think that will be the case any longer. I did Giovanni's table on Oasis and was so disappointed from the flavor, and menu options down to the service. 

1. Whatever the wife says, you simply nod and acknowledge.  Doesn't mean its true, but that is the single most important rule that mankind has never mastered.  

2. My entire family loves Jamie's.  We have always liked Jamie Oliver as a chef, but were skeptical of Jamie's Italian because the dude is British.  Well, whether its "authentic," that is not for me to judge because I am not Italian.  Is the food well-prepared? Yes.  Are the portions decent (not too big, not too small)? Yes.  Is the restaurant clean with friendly service? Yes.  Its like this....We like Sorrentos pizza a lot.  Is it New York pizza? Hell no.  Is it Italian pizza?  Hell no.  Is it tasty? Yes!

3. Why would a Giovanni or Chops waiter care whether you prefer Jamie's or Chops, or Giovanni's?  They all work for RCCL.  Joke or no joke, why does this even matter?  BUT--see number 1...wife is always right.

4. Yep, food is subjective.  When we travel, we watch a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of reviews of places we want to eat in the particular place we are travelling.  It's 50-50.  Everyone is out to make a dollar, everyone has something to say.  We have eaten at places with rave reviews that were simply lackluster.  

5. I am saddened to hear about menu changes, especially at Jamie's. I quite liked the garlicky prawns and the burger. 

6. Jamie's Pavlova is really, really, really yummy.  Visually stunning.  Simple. Elegant. Tasty!